Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 c3d sp1 command line issue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
871 Views, 9 Replies

2015 c3d sp1 command line issue

A co-worker has had c3d 2015 (sp1) reloaded twice now on his system.  We load typical profiles and cuis and after a couple of weeks an icon will appear in the upper left corner (see image attached).  After he notices that something odd happens with his command line.  If two drawings are open he will type on the command line and no text appears.  He switches to his other drawing and that text is in that command line and vice versa.  C3d becomes useless after that.  Any ideas?  When we loaded the machines we accept all defaults and the load goes smooth. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous_carr wrote:
We load typical profiles andcuis and after a couple of weeks an icon will appear in the upper left corner (see image attached). 

That icon represents "Level of Detail" is on in the drawing.

How this would / could possibly relate to your command line issue, I haven't a clue.

@Anonymous of detail can be turned of by entering LEVELOFDETAILOFF @ command line. 

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 10
jmayo-EE

I have a user with the same issue. I really can't explain it and would love to here if anyone else has this issue.

I am currently thinking that this is due to importing a user profile from a previous version.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jay_B

Timing is great!

Odd thing is the fiel I saw this in was a tiny little job that would never need Level of Detail...

I will check though.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
brian.strandberg
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hand up - I have seen this issue, and have yet to see a resolution / reason for it.

Brian

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Message 6 of 10

We updated this past weekend to Civil 3D 2015 (SP2) and we are having "random" users having this issue. Really hurting workflow for some. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Worst part is just when I think I've fixed it, the problem comes back again.

Tony Leggieri
Gutschick, Little & Weber, P.A. (GLW)
CADD Manager
Civil 3D 2023.2.1
Windows 10
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: TonyLeggieri3279

What I can say is that when I see this issue there is usually another command active in another tab.    I can't replicate it, but next time I see it and can verify, I will update this post.

Brian

Message 8 of 10
sneff
in reply to: Jay_B

Same issue here in our office, and did notice the 'level of detail' icon which we normally turn off.  Have not had the issue in the past few minutes since turning it off...will continue to monitor.

SNeff

C3D 2015 SP1

Win7 Pro x64

Message 9 of 10
wfberry

I have this issue quite frequently, All I have to do is click on another drawing tab at the top of the screen and then back to my drawing tab.  It works every time.

Bill

Message 10 of 10
rkmcswain

clay_carr wrote:
.... something odd happens with his command line.  If two drawings are open he will type on the command line and no text appears.  He switches to his other drawing and that text is in that command line and vice versa.

FWIW, I have seen this on occasion too.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report