Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Survey Database BUG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
terryl
927 Views, 7 Replies

2014 Survey Database BUG

I think I found a bug in C3d 2114.  Here is what I've done.  Started a new survey database using the default setting, then I go to that data base and edit survey database setting.  I then change the setting to my local coordinate zone then I export setting to a file.  I then go the Survey User Settings and set the Survey Database Settings to look at that file.  Then I try to create a new survey database and the program crashes.  If I go and delete the file I created that saved the setting it will work again but it goes back to the default setting of no coordinate zone set. I have tried saving the setting to both local and network drives and it crashed every time when there is a file there for it to look at while creating a new survey data base.

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: terryl

I have same problem here. Please provide fix Autodesk

Spoiler

Message 3 of 8
Matt_Haokip

Hi Terry,

Could you please open a case with all the relevant files attached along with the steps to replicate the issue?

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 4 of 8
terryl
in reply to: Matt_Haokip

Here is the case number  Case 08435342 - Survey Database. I think he aready closed it.

Civil 3D 2021
Dell 5510
Win 10 Pro X64
Intel Xeon 3.2 GHz
32 GB ram
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 5 of 8
jorcutt

Just installed Civil 3D 2014 and we are having the same problem. As soon as we create a Survey Database Setting file and then create a new survey database the program fails.

Did AutoDesk ever come up with a fix for this problem? We've only succeeded in isolating the cause ...which seems to be the Survey Database Settings file.

Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: jorcutt

Have you installed the Service Pack? It has a number of fixes for the Survey portion.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 8
jorcutt
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank your Jeff for your response. I just installed SP1 for C3D 2014 and it does fix the Survey database problem.

Message 8 of 8
rl_jackson
in reply to: jorcutt

Darn shame the couldn't fix the survey figure properties bug that they broke as well.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report