Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Null Structure Lables in Profile Drop to Zero

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
606 Views, 5 Replies

2014 Null Structure Lables in Profile Drop to Zero

Some of our structure styles for null structures are set to display as a block in profile.  When we label these null structures in profile, the label dimension line extends to down to zero, way off the profile view.   When I change the style to display the boundary of the null, the label pops back into place, but when I change the style back to a block, it will drop back to zero.  I just upgraded to 2014 and this did not occur in 2010-2013.  I've upgraded a drawing with existing profiles and also created a new pipe network and the results are the same.  What changed in 2014 that would cause this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the block showing at zero also? Because it works with the boundary, I guess I would try using a different block to see if the problem is with the block rather than an issue with the software. If it does that with any block, then we have narrowed the issued down a bit.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

The block is where it is supposed to be.  It is showing at the rim.  The block is an tick mark, simple vertical line.  I have replaced the block with something else more complicated than a line and I can get the label extension line to reset back, so it must be the block.  I am certain that this is a software change because it was not occurring with the exact same blocks in previous releases.  We picked the nonplot tick block because the label line will follow an irregular object like an ellipse around the perimeter of the block instead of at the correct station.  It was being used for non-structure nulls such as bends.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Can you redefine the block causing the issue to take care of the problem?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I was able to make the tick line a polyline with a very thin width.  The label, when reset,  still resets to one side or another of the line but the width is so small that it doesn't matter, and more importantly, the leader doesn't drop to zero. 

Not the solution I was hoping for, but it works.  Thanks,

Message 6 of 6
ChuckLamping

I'm going to give a big kudos and thank you to that, even though it's a workaround of something that wasn't broke before 2013, but that solution works!
Chuck Lamping, PE
Civil 3D 2017 SP1.1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report