Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 - Survey Figure Properties Error BUG ???

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
gregsmith56
1924 Views, 17 Replies

2013 - Survey Figure Properties Error BUG ???

When using the survey figure properties editor, the survey points are not populating the vista.... therefore preventing edits. See attached. 

Is anyone else experiencing this new feature Smiley Frustrated

Greg Smith

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Cadguru42
in reply to: gregsmith56

You are not the only one.  I migrated a database created from 2012 to 2013 and now I can't edit any of the figures from the survey properties.  To check if this was isolated, I created a brand new survey database.  I then created a 3d polyline snapping to my points. Next, I converted the object to a figure and told it to associate vertices.  When I open the survey figure properties I get what I've attached.  When I click the mysterious button to convert from a vector figure to a chain based figure (which is nowhere in the help files!) I can get the same dialog you get.  And I don't understand the naming convention about vector to chain.  All figures, or rather everything in Autocad, are vector by definition, so this doesn't make any sense at all to me.

I wanted to edit the vertices in the survey figure properties to add curves to my manually created figure, yet I cannot do that in 2013.

Unless this is some simple setting somewhere, I will NOT be having anyone in our office move to 2013.  There's already an undocumented change about how MAPIINSERT was modified that broke importing the State of Tennessee's GeoTIFFs by incorrectly reading the units as meters when it plainly says US Survey Foot in the file's header info.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 18
gregsmith56
in reply to: Cadguru42

Yeah, I've had autodesk's responce to this, and they acknowledge its a defect. (which unfortunately renders the whole survey toolset in 2013 un-usable. Back to 2012! Unfortunately, I managed to destroy my instalation of 2012 when I removed 2011. (not supposed to happen, but hey!!). When I do a reinstall, 2012 will work for that day, but hangs again on the next bootup... so its a COMPLETE uninstall/re-install and probably 4 hours (or more downtime doing the process argh!).

Greg Smith

Message 4 of 18
blaisg

This is a confirmed bug.  A hotfix has been posted to http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19237435&linkID=9240698

Message 5 of 18
randcdavidson
in reply to: blaisg

When I download the 64 bit version I get the file "AeccUiSurvey1.arx" Notice the "1" before the .arx. I went to place it in my C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and noticed that I did not get a warning to replace any other file. I ran C3D and noticed that I was still not able to edit figures. I went back into my program files folder and renamed the file (removing the "1" on the end). I re-ran C3D and only then was I able to edit figures.

Message 6 of 18
pcchenard
in reply to: randcdavidson

I found this same problem in 2013 and just installed the hotfix.  When I edit a survey figure and hit the OK button the figure changes and loses it's layer settng and gets set to layer 0 (also did this before installing the hot fix).  I let my figure prefix database set the layer of figures. I do not have a seperate figure style for every figure prefix (i.e. they all use the "standard" figure style).  I did not have this problem in Civil 3D 2012.  Is this an bug or something that they changed on purpose?

Frankly I'm getting sick of the rushed annual releases of Autodesk software.  I would prefer they go back to a new release every 3 years with service packs and add-on enhancements in between.

Message 7 of 18
snuffysmithy

I am having the same problem. I have installed the 64 bit file AeccUiSurvey.arx in the directory as stated. This did not fix the problem. Anybody have any luck with this. survey.PNG

Message 8 of 18
pcchenard
in reply to: snuffysmithy

I would really like to know how something like this gets released.  I mean come on, this is core functionality of the survey tools.  How do you miss something like this?  Oh yeah, they rush releases every year instead of makeing sure they are releasing a stable, complete, product.

Message 9 of 18
rl_jackson

That is total incompatible with any othe version of the same software from year to year. I think that the EU Board and the Govertment should get on'em like they did Microsoft and Google.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 18
Cadguru42
in reply to: rl_jackson

@Anonymous wrote:

That is total incompatible with any othe version of the same software from year to year. I think that the EU Board and the Govertment should get on'em like they did Microsoft and Google.

Technically the survey database is compatible for 3 versions.  For instance, 2010 through 2012 can use the same survey database.  It seems to follow the same format change policy like DWG does. It's the only Civil 3d related thing that actually is compatible between versions, or at least three versions.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 11 of 18
snuffysmithy

Has this been fixed yet? I have gone back to Civil 3D 2012.

Message 12 of 18
rl_jackson

There is a fix for this on the Adesk website. ? Rick

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 18
pcchenard
in reply to: rl_jackson

Is anyone else having the problem that I do with the "Layer" setting changing to layer 0 after editing a survey figure?  The hotfix did not correct that problem for me.

Message 14 of 18
snuffysmithy

If you are talking about the 64 bit file AeccUiSurvey.arx. It dose not fix the problem. Have they come up with a different fix?

Message 15 of 18
rl_jackson

I recently did an update to my C3D13 install to SP3 due to the bug posted here, I had not used field book files, perfering the ascii format. I notice that I could not edit the figure (hence the SP install), however when I did the install this did not resolve the problem. Im going to run a reinstall to see if this resolves the issue, as I have had numerous issues the the SDB from the start, the main one being the inability to use osnaps when the toolbar is docked during the translation process.

I think some of the issue may stem from the methods I use to create my projects. Usually I have a default shortcut template with an sdb that I use to create my project folder, then create the sdb (same folder name). Some how I think my transition from C3D12 to C3D13 has done something to the default sdb causing these problems.

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to chime in.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 16 of 18
rl_jackson

We'll a reinstall did not solve this problem, did they remove the edit figure functionality from figures using a field book file?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Message 17 of 18
Cadguru42

What does your figure property dialog box look like? Are you even getting the dialog box up? Is the place where the vertices at the bottom of the figure properties window gone?

I noticed this when we switched to 2013 and I had to convert the figure from a vector based figure to a chain based figure. I have a post about this because the help files do not explain anything about this or why it even exists. I've attached a PNG showing a figure that was created in 2012 orginally and migrated to 2013. All of a sudden I couldn't edit the vertices in my figures. There's a button on the upper right that I've circled that converts it to the method C3D used to use. figure_property_dialog.png

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 18 of 18
rl_jackson
in reply to: Cadguru42

That was it.

The thing I dont understand is why is that happening I created a new survey database which I would have assumed would have been a C3D2013 Survey Database. I even went through and did a reinstall so as to get all new files just to verify this.

I must have something going on with my default database that makes C3D think that I am using a 12 database. Originally when I installed 13 it was a new install on a new system and I had numerous C3D12 files that were created, I wonder if I did copy a 12 sdb file over my 13 file - and this is causing all the issue. However, I would think a reinstall would resolve that.

So now if my default sdb is a 12 sdb and not a 13, how would I go about changing it.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report