Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Pressure Pipe label

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
djdapelo
1523 Views, 10 Replies

2013 Pressure Pipe label

I am having an issue when I try to include the Diameter Inside of a pressure pipe in the pipe label.  The system recognizes the Diameter Outside and inserts the size accordingly, but when trying to use the Diameter inside variable, it places ??? in place of the actual pipe size.  See below

Capture.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: djdapelo

Looks like there is still some work that needs to be done on the Pressure Pipe tools. This may not be the right way to do this, and will likely change in the future, but in the meantime, if you are feeling adventurous, there's this:

The PressureParts are defined in SQLITE database files in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Pressure Pipes Catalog\Imperial (or Metric) folders. I found a free SQLITE file viewer/editor HERE with which I was able to edit the Nominal Description and also add the missing Inner Diameter. I was then able to use either one in a pipe label. There are other missing items that you may want to add the correct data for while in the database.

Standard disclaimer: Use at your own risk, make a backup of the original files before making any changes in case this process creates 'bad things'.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

Here's screen capture of the database I edited:

4-11-2012 10-04-46 PM.png

EESignature
Message 4 of 11
djdapelo

This is great stuff and I was able to fix the problem like you said.  Really dissapointed that this is a problem.  Noticed while browing the sql file, that there are lots of parts that autodesk is intentionally not making available yet, or really screwed up when releasing the product without these available.  Guess I'll have to learn sql so that I can use the product fully.

Message 5 of 11
Jeff_M

@davedapelo wrote:

... that there are lots of parts that autodesk is intentionally not making available yet, ...

My *guess* is that since this IS a new feature that there are other planned features currently in the works. By 'peeking' inside the SQLite files you've seen what some of those may be. On the other hand, they may have intentionally placed those in there so we have a head start on creating our own parts.

EESignature
Message 6 of 11
hb
Participant

Since we're on this subject, is there a way in SQL to make those parts or is this really dependant on a 3D drawn part and then identifying parts that are connectable?  I ask cause in Plant 3D you had to draw it in 3D then signify which pieces could be connected too, and these parts look just like Plant 3D parts and act like them too.

Heidi

Message 7 of 11
Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

....I found a free SQLITE file viewer/editor HERE with which I was able to edit the Nominal Description and also add the missing Inner Diameter..

Well, I should've dug around some more in the installed programs for C3D2013. The "Content Catalog Editor" allows for a bit easier editing of these files.

EESignature
Message 8 of 11
hb
Participant

Yah but you can't add parts, only add pipe sizes in the content editor program.  Belive me, I've tried.

Heidi

Message 9 of 11
Jeff_M
in reply to: hb

There's an Import option, but since there's no Help associated with the Editor I have no idea what the 'content' file consists of. Hopefully we will get more information on this in the not-too-distant future.

EESignature
Message 10 of 11
jmcmanigle

FYI

For fittings you can change the inch marks (in) to two apostraphies (''), instead of a quote (") in the nominal pipe diameter column in the content catalog then your labels could look like this:

12''x12''x10''

Message 11 of 11
O.Maille
in reply to: jmcmanigle

Still broken, C3D is less and less a design program and just a drafting tool

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report