Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 odd block 'scale window' bogs down drawing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
d_hadley
444 Views, 11 Replies

2013 odd block 'scale window' bogs down drawing

Not sure what is going on and need some help.   We have a large project that we converted from 2012 to 2013 - it had always been a little buggy in 2012 as it was a piece together from another consultant.   Now though, it is extremely slow and there seems to be a 'block reference' around every block in the drawing.   You can drag your select window and they all pop up like crazy and slow things down immensely (see screen capture).  You can select them individually, they have nodes on all 4 corners and to move them, scales your block up and down.  I tried block replace to our blocks which we know are fine and same problem.  It also seems to be drawing specific although audit is clean.

Any idea what it is and how to remove/fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dgorsman
in reply to: d_hadley

Just a WAG, I'd say its an annotative block with multiple scales associated with the insert.  When highlighted, all of the different scaled versions will preview as well.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 12
d_hadley
in reply to: dgorsman

That was our assumption originally, but no annotative scales involved.  Even something as simple as two lines and a circle (power pole).

Message 4 of 12
Jeff_M

Can you post a drawing?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 12
d_hadley
in reply to: Jeff_M

its too big (5.6m) - if you supply an email, I'll send over though 🙂

Message 6 of 12
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Under the General Forums there's a File Attachments group that may allow larger files, though I don't know what the limit is.  http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/File-Attachments/bd-p/126

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 7 of 12
Jeff_M

Or, create a copy of the drawing and erase purge out all but a few of these objects, then save it. We don't need the whiole thing, just something that exhibits the behavior you are seeing.

If you'd like to send direct: jeffm AT quuxsoft DOT com

EESignature
Message 8 of 12
d_hadley

good call - clip from drawing

Message 9 of 12
Jeff_M

The tree blocks have all been XCLIPped. Issue the XCLIP command, select all the blocks (can preselect with SelectSimilar), then Delete the Xclips.

EESignature
Message 10 of 12
d_hadley

that was the answer - awesome.  Thanks much - now question being, why would blocks be xclipped like that and does it have any relationship to xrefs?  As said, we received the information from another consultant, so no idea what they may have done.

Message 11 of 12
Jeff_M

I use XCLIP often on Xref's, never have used it with blocks. I have no idea why they would've used them on all of THOSE blocks.

If you find a response which answers your question, please be sure to accept the actual post which helped you as the solution. This will help future searchers quickly find answers to their own questions. Thanks!

EESignature
Message 12 of 12
d_hadley
in reply to: Jeff_M

done - thx very much - way too many weeks dealing with a buggy drawing!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report