Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 mrsid image fix

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
bf
Advocate
1146 Views, 10 Replies

2013 mrsid image fix

Am running C3D 2014 and received some mrSid images that wouldn't load, but did in ArGIS 10.2.  I asked the sender about this and was told these are new 2013 mrSids and anyone using ArcGIS 10.0 or lower had to get the plugin.  Does Autodesk have a hotfix for this?  I can bring in older mrSid images.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
bf
Advocate
in reply to: bf

It's the MG4 compression format. Autodesk? It has apparently been around for a couple of years?  Sure would be nice to use it.

Message 3 of 11
doni49

@bf wrote:

Am running C3D 2014 and received some mrSid images that wouldn't load, but did in ArGIS 10.2.  I asked the sender about this and was told these are new 2013 mrSids and anyone using ArcGIS 10.0 or lower had to get the plugin.  Does Autodesk have a hotfix for this?  I can bring in older mrSid images.

ArcGIS is not an Autodesk product.  So NO -- Autodesk won't have a hotfix for it.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 11
bf
Advocate
in reply to: doni49

Of  course ArcGIS is not an Autodesk product and does not have a fix for that.  ESRI has already taken care of their product as I stated in my post.  My question is does Autodesk have a fix for it's products.

Message 5 of 11
KirkNoonan

Last time I checked, Mr. Sid was a LizardTech product and had nothing to do with ESRI. The 2013 Raster Design OE doesn't open the newer .sid files? Did you try the FDO connection instead?

Message 6 of 11
bf
Advocate
in reply to: KirkNoonan

Yes, I can probably download the Lizardtech viewer and export as tiff to display it in CAD.  I was hoping Autodesk had a fix.  Apparently they don't.  Guess I will download and install the Lizardtech program.  I have used it in the past, just haven't had the need recently until now.  The image is so big, it locked up Arcview and I'm running a fairly new machine with 16 GB RAM and Autodesk recommend vid cards and processor.

Thanks for everyones replies.

Message 7 of 11
dnietubicz

I've got the same problem. Lizard Tech (Mr. Sid) just told me I needed to contact autodesk about this, because they can't help me. I guess Autodesk should have spent less time changing colors and more time making their product more useful. ESRI did it. Doug
Message 8 of 11
dnietubicz
in reply to: dnietubicz

I just read where Intellicad supports MG4 mr sid files. Really? Autodesk are you awake? Doug
Message 9 of 11
bf
Advocate

Really! Come on Autodesk.  I need this.

Message 10 of 11
dnietubicz

This is what autodesk just sent me. Basically we are S.O.L. Please use the feedback link to log your complaints about this and reinforce what I sent. Doug Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support. My name is Jason and I will be assisting you with your case. At this time Autodesk does not support 4th generation MrSID files. We do apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused. This has been logged as an enhancement item for development to look into. To provide additional weight to this issue, please navigate to the link below and submit this to the project manager of that product (specified in link). This will help the PM and developers hear your voice on any changes/concerns with functionality directly for consideration in future builds. Feedback Link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794 I have also provided out Knowledge Network link regarding this limitation for your reference below. http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticle... Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this information. Best regards, Jason Ferrelli Autodesk Support Team
Message 11 of 11
rmacan

Well, Autodesk has once again abandoned their end users.  LizardTech came out with the MrSID MG4 format in July 2009.  To date, Autodesk still has no way to read that format in MAP or C3D at all.  You would think that after 7 years, they could have written a code to read it, but since it has nothing to do with Infraworks, I'm guessing they could care less. 

And Raster Design hasn't been updated in 5 versions or so, also.  Maybe that's why they bundled it in the suites for free, because they felt bad charging for old software.  😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report