Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Civil 3D Wipeout frame display problem when a block is used in Civil styles

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
TrevorDeleske
1553 Views, 4 Replies

2013 Civil 3D Wipeout frame display problem when a block is used in Civil styles

Has anyone encountered the following problem, when using a wipout within a block then used in a label stlye (note or cogo block) the tframe will not disappear and print when toggled off.

my test findings;

Started a new drawing from the 2013 Civil Metric Template that comes with the program,

created a polyline and truned it into a wipeout and said yes to delete the polyline, I then created a block with the wipeout within, the display acts just fine on its own or within the block definition, but when used in a label style or point block style the tframe will not disappear when toggled off.

Thank You

Trevor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: TrevorDeleske

Why not just use the masking built in the Civil 3D label style?  There may be a conflict with two.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
TrevorDeleske
in reply to: wfberry

Hi Bill, thanks for the response, we had been using the same styles entities setup in 2012 Civil and had no display issues, it appears the Civil guys have tried to enhance the program and may have altered that piece. I wish to use a block definition within the label style and also block definition within the point block style (no background masking option in the point block settings) We do have a ticket with Autodesk and it has been escalated to their development team as they had identified the problem. I will explore the background mask in the style to see if it can work for my situation. Thanks for your help. Regards Trevor Deleske Mapping Coordinator Calgary GeoWorks Web GIS Administrator McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. 450-999 8th St. S.W. Calgary, AB Canada T2R 1J5 403.245.4711 https://geoworks.mcelhanney.com http://www.mcelhanney.com/mlsl/
Message 4 of 5
Rosaly
in reply to: TrevorDeleske

I'm having the same problem, Trevor. I was upgraded to Civil 3D 2013 and all the pipe size blocks inside my drawing do not plot with the wipeout included; even when they show the wipeout working fine inside the drawing. I was wondering if anybody know how to fix this problem or if there is a technical Solution available. Please help.

Message 5 of 5

Hi Rosaly, Autodesk provided to us a hotfix for this problem and told me that it would be included on the AutoCAD Service Pack 1 to remedy it, which we have not seen yet fixed on a global scale, The hotfix is called Civil_Wipeout_Frame_Hotfix_2013_64bit Replaces the file AecBase.dbx Please send me your e-mail address and I would be happy to send the file and instructions your way. Regards Trevor Deleske CAD Optimization Project Administrator Mapping Coordinator Calgary McElhanney Land Surveys Ltd. 450, 999 - 8th St. S.W. | Calgary, AB | T2R 1J5 (o) 403-245-4711 | (c) 403-123-4567 | Tdeleske@McElhanney.net https://geoworks.mcelhanney.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report