Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Buggy

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GaryElswick5627
452 Views, 1 Reply

2013 Buggy

Just had 2013 crash again while inserting a north arrow from the layout tools tab. Have had continous other bugs / crashes even after the very late SP-1, most irritating is the mtext editor which can't remember left from center. 2012 was stable and there is no difference that I am aware of from the surveyor perspective which is all we use. Are drawings opened in 2013 going to open in 2012? We save everything in 2010 format to be compatible with our clients needs.

My current plan is see how 2014 works out and if it is stable than no more yearly up grades. Granted Civil 3D has more editing features than LDD and some parts are tremendously more capable (surfaces) than LDD **but** there was a lot of time lost in the months long learning curve and C3D is still just slower in pointing and clicking than R12. When we have to stop and wait for a regen again (like in R 9, 10, 11) and also wait for the pointer to catchup to where we are than I don't know if the net result is a gain in production. 

Is there a way to not load all the overhead of the remaining product and just load what we need (survey and surfaces)? What I would like is the speed of R12 with the power of C3D. Tried to create a custom menu with just what we use frequently moved from several layers deep to be similar to our R12 toolbars (one click and the command is done) but the ribbon seems to be so fragile that I could never get it working and gave up. With the increase in subscription fees I don't see any reason to keep paying for upgrades when survey does not get improved anyway.  Have been with C3D since the 2008 version and still waiting for the speed of R12.

Gary E.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
SethHall
in reply to: GaryElswick5627

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing frequent issues with Civil 3D 2013. I would strongly suggest you submit all CER reports you recieve as this will help Development diagnose and avoid these in the future.

One thing that did stand out to me is your description of performance issues. What are your system specifications and OS you are running? Does it meet or exceed the requirements of Civil 3D 2013? http://usa.autodesk.com/civil-3d/system-requirements/ 

If not, this instability that you are seeing could be due to your hardware. Same with your graphics card, please make sure you are running a supported card and updated drivers: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534

You also asked if you would be able to open 2013 drawings in 2012. Unfortunately the answer to this is no, as Civil Objects are not backwards compatible.

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report