Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Civil 3D Paper Space Viewport Question

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nok092
872 Views, 3 Replies

2012 Civil 3D Paper Space Viewport Question

Hello My name is Mark and I am a Civil Engineering student at UTSA.  My question is:  In model space I have inserted 2 surface models.  In paperspace I have inserted 2 viewports to correspond to those models.  I have created a profile view of an alignment I made on one of the surfaces and when I made the 3rd viewport in the paperspace to show my profile, it comes through pretty messed up looking.  When I try to scale it appropreiately it changes the scaling of the other 2 viewport models.  Click the attachment to see what I am talking about.  Any help is much appreciated, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: nok092

Leave the modelspace scale set to whatever you started with. When creating a new paperspace VP you need to set the scale desired in that VP then REGEN to get the C3D labels to scale correctly. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
rendarin
in reply to: nok092

Just an addition to Jeff_M's post, if I recall correctly you need to be inside the viewport when you regen. For clarity:
1) Go to layout and create viewport (make sure you have the paper size set up correctly too)
2) Set viewport to correct scale
3) double click inside the viewport and then hit regen
Message 4 of 4
mathewkol
in reply to: rendarin

Another alternative, user REGENALL.  No need to enter any viewports.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report