Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 and Update 2

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
neilyj666
437 Views, 6 Replies

2012 and Update 2

I'm glad I didn't bother with installing update 2.....http://dccadd.com/dirt/?p=1752

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

This is only happening in drawings where AutoCAD Fields have been linked to assemblies to display their name. If you don't do this or the fields are exploded, then there is no issue here.

We are working with the AutoCAD team to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7

I am running lots of files and i mean lots of files with many data shortcuts on Civil 3d 2012 sp2.. and I no problems to report....  so it is not affecting everyone

thanks Peter as well to clarify the root cause

Thank you for reading,

Win7 64bit Pro
Xeon E5-1620 v2, 3.70GHz, 32GB Ram

Please mark solution found if this post solved your issue or give kudos when appropriate.

Message 4 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: rjairath

If you don't have the situation where "...AutoCAD Fields have been linked to assemblies to display their name.." then you won't be affected apparently.

I use these fields for all my assemblies hence I'm glad I didn't apply the update ...... and while i'm on what's with the having to reinstall after a dodgy service pack update, it surely isn't beyond the capabilities of the Autodesk programmers to be able to programmatically remove a service pack with ease, is it??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: neilyj666

@neilyj666 wrote:

I use these fields for all my assemblies hence I'm glad I didn't apply the update ...... 

I use fields to label my assemblies as well, and I'm still glad I installed SP2. It fixed far more issues than this one annoyance causes. Peter posted another workaround HERE which doesn't involve exploding or not using fields. And since this issue only crops up when creating the shortcuts, it really isn't that big of an annoyance. Yes, I would like to get this corrected but it doesn't keep me from being productive.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jeff_M

I use them on most of my corridors as well. I have applied the SP and have been fortunate enough not to open any of these files yet.

It's nice to know that the Desker's are aware and working on this with urgency. Now if we had a label style for this task, hint, hint...labels, labels, labels. After the emergencies of course but a lot more model information needs to be accessible.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: neilyj666

A hotfix was just released to address the Shortcut creation problem. Must have SP2.1 installed first.

LINK to HF

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report