Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Alignment errors

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
10294 Views, 7 Replies

2012 Alignment errors

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has been running into these in C3D 2012. They're exclamation points inside of triangles, I know it's supposed to be some kind of error in the alignment but if I open the same dwg/alignment in 2011 it doesn't have any errors... It looks like 2012 doesn't like to see two straight lines coming into eachother at a vertex without a curve even though it's still pretty much a straight line.  Does anyone know how to fix these or turn them off? I was messing around a little bit with them and snapping them onto eachother and I got some of them to go away but I was wondering if anyone knows more about these. There really isn't anything wrong the the alignment(s) either...

I attached a picture

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

They are warning symbols and you can turn them off. Select alignment right click edit alignment styles display

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Rather than turn them off, I would see exactly why they are reporting errors. Chances are that your alignment segments aren't tangent to each other. I would want to fix that.

My .02
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Is there a way to have it report on what it is finding wrong? I have this too - yesterday ity showed one exclamation point, today is is showing three for the same alignment.

Civil 3D 2012, Win 7

Message 6 of 8
mathewkol

Hover your cursor on that graphic and the tooltip will tell you.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mathewkol

thanks!

I found the Check for Tangency checkbox on the Design Criteria tab in ALignment Properties, too.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

What if the tooltip say "design violated: "? It didn't say anything about my error.

Nicks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report