Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Viewer

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jwhal
862 Views, 7 Replies

2011 Viewer

Okay, so if I want my engineer to be able to view my Civil 3D 2011 drawing (Civil 3D objects and all), what do I need to have installed on his machine?

None of our engineers have the hardware to run Civil 3D.

Thanks!

Jon

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
wdbar
in reply to: jwhal

Regular Autocad 2011 with the civil 3d object enablers should be able to view it. 

I'm not sure if a 'viewer' is out there yet.

Message 3 of 8
jwhal
in reply to: wdbar

Due to licensing as well as hardware, they don't have plain Autocad. DWG Trueview + OE's won't work?

Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

Print to a pdf.

John

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Autodesk Design Review 2011.

John

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
SethHall

Hi jwhal-

You have two options, Design Review (which will allow you to view DWF published from Civil 3D) or TrueView which will allow to to view DWG files. Both are free downloads, and will suit different needs depending on what you are trying to achieve. Additionally the Civil Object Enabler will target TrueView to allow viewing of Civil Objects: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL15131158

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 7 of 8
wdbar

Seth,

I posted in a different thread an item about the Object Enabler having a glitch viewing pipenetwork labels.  My question to you is:  Does Autodesk update the enablers as different glitches accumulate or is this it?  I can't sell the upgrade unless I have hope that there will be a fix. 

This was for the C3D OE (64bit) in Autocad 2011.  I would assume the same glitch would occur with the viewers that also used the enabler.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: SethHall

I'd recommend DWF's over TrueView - at least your engineers can markup and keep a dialog with designers through the markup set manager in C3D & Design Review.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report