Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Survey Database does not exist and could not be recreated

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Sinc
1649 Views, 4 Replies

2011 Survey Database does not exist and could not be recreated

This one got me and took a fair while to figure out, so I thought I'd post about it.

I was attempting to create a new Survey Database, and kept getting an error "The survey database does not exist and could not be recreated", with a message that "Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 58."

I finally tracked the problem down to an apostrophe in the name of one of the folders in my Working Folder path.  This was not a problem with C3D 2010 and earlier, but is evidently a problem starting with C3D 2011 (and it may only affect the 64-bit version, I don't have a 32-bit version handy to test).  Renaming the folder, so that there was no longer an apostrophe in the folder name, solved the issue.

bizzare_error.png

Sinc
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: Sinc

Posting a reply, just to see if I can flag this thread as "solved"...

Sinc
Message 3 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: Sinc

Nice.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 5
jporter
in reply to: mathewkol

So I guess it's safe to say it was never solved? ? ? ?  I got  a user with the same issue in Civil 3D 2015.

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 5 of 5
jporter
in reply to: jporter

Just an FYI - on my end the issue was that the user had named the project folder with an apostrophe in the name.  I removed the apostrophe and the error disappeared.  

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report