Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011 Civil 3d wont recognize 2012 civ 3d file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Jacqueszhang
865 Views, 5 Replies

2011 Civil 3d wont recognize 2012 civ 3d file

i made the drawing at home with education version Civil 3D 2012. when i went back to school to open the drawing by 2011 Civil 3D, all the labels and points are shown in a rectangle frame and says " AeccDbGeneralLabel (AeccLand90)"

and all the toolspace setting are gone, i can edit anything.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: Jacqueszhang

That's pretty much how it works. Many of us wish it wasn't. Once you've open a drawing in a higher version. You can forget about going back. With things like Surfaces and Alignments it's possible to export them to LandXML and import them to earlier version. But with most non-vanilla-autocad object it's a lost cause.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Yep, Civil3D is not backward compatible. You can use XML import/export for some information but the C3D objects themselves are not compatible.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

Your best bet is to just accept the lost time editing at home and revert to a backup. Hopefully you do have a backup.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Jacqueszhang

Thx guys. i accidently replaced my back up file. i guess i have to start all over again. But anyway , thank you guys for the answers.

Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

When working in Civil 3D don't EVER rely on the BAK files or the Autosave files. Make your own backups! The program is too volatile to rely on anything else.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report