Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2011/2012 - Warning: An error occured during save

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Sinc
4895 Views, 11 Replies

2011/2012 - Warning: An error occured during save

Anyone have any info on why I'd get this error when doing an Export to AutoCAD 2010/2007/2004...?  It seems to be innocuous, and irrelevant, but it's disturbing none-the-less.  I haven't been able to identify any reason why it appears, and all drawings seem to work normally, with no problems.  AUDITs turn up no errors.  So I've just been ignoring this message, but it's distracting.  And it doesn't always appear...  although I haven't been able yet to identify what causes it to appear in some drawings, and not others.  I think it only ever happens when there's an XREF, but not sure...  (Maybe when an XREF is in an older version of C3D/LDD/AutoCAD...?)

ErrorDuringSave.png

Sinc
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
neilyj666
in reply to: Sinc

Don't know why this error occurs but I get it very regularly in 2012 - seems to occur after QSAVE (when it automatically does a save)

I have had similar messages in the past when XREFS are involved so I bound them first and all seemed ok, then didn't save the original dwg

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 12
antoniovinci

I can't obviously reply your trouble, but it sounds like a LAN or UAC problem.

Be sure that you have admin privileges on that computer, then unplug Ethernet cable and try again.

Message 4 of 12
Jeff_M

I've also concluded it is more annoying than a real problem. I see this often after creating a pipe network from a polyline, although I know it's happened after performing other tasks. To be on the safe side I will usually close the drawing and reopen right away. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 12
JeffPaulsen

We get this this message regularly in 2012. Most people ignore it but I always close the drawing and run a recover. Half the time it finds an error or two other times it finds no errors.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 6 of 12
O.Maille
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

A regular occurance in 2012 for me too. Again rarely appears to relate to anything specific. 

Message 7 of 12
rkmcswain

Yes. Every time I try to export a C3D drawing to another format, like 2004 DXF as an example, since that is what I'm doing at the moment.  (C3D 2013)

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 8 of 12
neilyj666
in reply to: rkmcswain

Still happens in 2014....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 9 of 12
jdherman
in reply to: neilyj666

We get the same error, but only when a specific dvb project file is loaded.  We can open the drawing and qsave with no message, once we load the dvb, then the message shows up.  We haven't isolated the exact cause, yet.

Message 10 of 12
jdherman
in reply to: jdherman

The error occurs when copying a surface from a xref and pasting in current drawing.  Therefore, it not a generic vba/dvb issue.

Message 11 of 12
loretom

We get this messages offten.  I Noticed that it happens after adding tag labels to a table.  If I do a recovery, it finds errors and removes the tags.  Once I added them again the error returns.

-Miguel

Message 12 of 12
david.rugg
in reply to: loretom

I get this every time I do a "copy clip" or "copy with base point". Recover says, "no errors" etc. Audit, same... We are running 2015 w/ Trimble running on top of it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report