Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Civil 3D Student Version

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Kyle-Evans
1346 Views, 6 Replies

2010 Civil 3D Student Version

Hey Everyone,

A Co-worker of mine, downloaded the Civil 3D 2010 Student Version to play around at home with his home computer. He is missing a tonne of icons/menus/commands (ect). If we click on alignments, most of the drop down items are missing, and he can only really work with points and surfaces.

Was this intentional by AutoDesk or am I missing something here? And since he has installed the student version already, getting IT to install a fully licensed version would be almost impossible, let alone convincing them to do so.

Anyone have any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rmitchler
in reply to: Kyle-Evans

Had the same student version at home and it was the full blown version. 

Robert

Message 3 of 7
mathewkol

As far as i know the student versions of aLL of Autodesk's products are the same as the productrion versions.  Probably an issue during install.  Remove and reinstall, or repair.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mathewkol

Wait! 

If you're a subscription customer, try an uninstall and then look into "home use licensing."   Subscription customers have an option for a 1 home use seat per network license to do exactly what he OP was trying to do in the first place....

Message 5 of 7
OMCUSNR

Also - remember that use of the student version will PERMANENTLY mark any drawing file opened with a tag - STUDENT VERSION.  So don't let any office files get played with.

Good for doing the tutorials, or James Wedding's Mastering book, but not for office stuff!

Reid

Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Also, note that if you upgrade a machine from the student version to a full version, it's not uncommon to have difficulty with the machine still keeping the watermark.  I've had a heck of a time getting a machine upgraded with a fully paid standalone version not putting the watermark in a brand new drawing opened with a OTB template.  I won't go into the specifics of how it was removed (it was legally done, but a royal PIA) and generally getting the watermark out of your system will involve getting a custom script directly from AD composed for your machine.  Long story short, avoid using the student version on any machine you think you might be using to ever touch what will be a production drawing.  It's strictly not the intent of the student licensing program.

The OP might be too late, but others reading this at least know about the home use program (now)....

Message 7 of 7
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah, this machine will be used for the Mastering Civil 3D 2010 book, so that he can work from home and learn the program. No office files will ever be put on there.

I will try a uninstall/reinstall. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report