Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

2010 C3D Etransmit leaves empty line/curve table

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
theclaw
479 Views, 5 Replies

2010 C3D Etransmit leaves empty line/curve table

Hello all,

When trying to etransmit a dwg from Civil 3D 2010 which has line/curve tags with tables built from them, we are getting output which has the table headers but no entries below. The cad user on the other end gets no line/curve data. The other user is on Civil 3D 2011. Any ideas? Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

The Claw
Civil 3D 2012 (64)
Windows 7 Enterprise 64
Intel Xeon E5-1607@3GHz
16GB
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: theclaw

I would want to know if the objects being labeled are lines and curves that are part of a DataShortcut-referenced  alignment and if you are checking the box for Civil 3D Dependencies in the eTransmit dialog.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
theclaw
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for the response. The aligment is live in the drawing, not a shortcut.

That being said, the civil 3d dependencies are/is checked, although it is for a surface.

The Claw
Civil 3D 2012 (64)
Windows 7 Enterprise 64
Intel Xeon E5-1607@3GHz
16GB
Message 4 of 6
theclaw

To clarify - the surface dependency is the only dependency listed, as the alignment is live in the dwg.

Also, in the etransmit drawing, although the tables are empty, the tags still exist. The end user can rebuild the tables from the tags which are intact, we just don't know why the tables don't stay intact. The tables are empty even when opened on our civil 3d 2010 computers, including the same computer that performed the etransmit.

The file format/version is not changing. I'm hoping we're just missing something.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The Claw
Civil 3D 2012 (64)
Windows 7 Enterprise 64
Intel Xeon E5-1607@3GHz
16GB
Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M

Is the drawing open when eTransmit is issued? C3D likes to empty the tables when the drawing is saved without being open in the editor. You get the same issue when using SSM to rename Layout Tabs on unopened drawings. I had thought this problem was corrected in newer versions, but I just experienced this in C3D2012 a few weeks ago.

So, that's a long winded description of: If the drawing is not open, try it when it is.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
theclaw

To be honest, I've never tried to run etransmit without the drawing open. The drawing (with the alignment, tables and tags in it) is open, and is the drawing I am performing the etransmit from.

The Claw
Civil 3D 2012 (64)
Windows 7 Enterprise 64
Intel Xeon E5-1607@3GHz
16GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report