Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008-SECTION VIEW TITLE.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
mikeevans
247 Views, 11 Replies

2008-SECTION VIEW TITLE.

There seems to be something funny going on with the Section view title.

The vales for drawing scale and section vertical scale only return values of 0.2 (1:200) and 0.0 depending on how you set the units up.

Not sure why but they won't return the value 200 for the drawing scale and likewise for the section vertical scale. I tried all rounding and other options with no luck.

labelled as: SCALES H:<[Drawing Scale(P0|RN|AP|OF)]> V:<[Graph View Vertical Scale(P0|RN|AP|OF)]> :
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mikeevans
in reply to: mikeevans

Annother funny thing: in the plot dialogue and scaleslist there are scales showing as 1:1_XREF.

I expect that was a mistake and should have been deleted but in any case it really does not matter as we all plot at 1:1 in paperspace now.
Message 3 of 12
mikeevans

This also applies to the profile view scales text.

H:<[Drawing Scale(P0|RN|AP|OF)]> V:<[Graph View Vertical Scale(P0|RN|AP|OF)]>
Message 4 of 12
mikeevans

Ok so you may have gathered I'm adding my bugs found in this post to keep list running.

Heres annother funny one.
Copy an assembly and when you select the new position the assembly marker is in the right place but the attached subassemblies have offsets. - to Fix remove the offsets from each assembly.
Message 5 of 12
mikeevans

Contour labels Again!

Please chaps, I keep requesting this.

With regard to the "new" (from R2006) functionality added with masking for contour labels. Can we please have the option to trim the contour to the text boundary.

Using the background masks just doesn't work with LT well and can have issues with the draworder of other objects and xrefs.

I still have only two options, export the surface into R2006 then do all the contour labels in there then export or export from the current release delete the masks and trim every polyline to the text entity (tiresome).

I'm not sure how or why it changed but R2006 did this for you without masks or user input. Please could we have the option built in to choose either way.
Message 6 of 12
mikeevans

pipe network bug? (working on R2007 file).

"On resize hold x" what ever you state the pipe will only resize and hold the centreline levels.
Message 7 of 12
mikeevans

Editing profiles:

For some reason if you try to edit a PVI level in the vista it will not update or take on the new level. However if you use the profile layout parameters and change the level there it will function correctly.

I think some kind of apply changes button is needed.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Mike:

I don't want to wish you any bad luck but I sure hope this problem is with
your installation. I don't particularly like what you have here.

Bill

wrote in message news:5563833@discussion.autodesk.com...
Editing profiles:

For some reason if you try to edit a PVI level in the vista it will not
update or take on the new level. However if you use the profile layout
parameters and change the level there it will function correctly.

I think some kind of apply changes button is needed.
Message 9 of 12
mikeevans

Bill, It does not seem to be the installation and I hate being the bearer of bad luck but It seems to be some kind of problem in the file I was working on.

I have opened and edited a few other files and it seems to work in those and curiously it is now functioning in the file to which I had the problem originally. - I think it was a Monday! I did have a few crashes while using this file so maybe a recover at some stage fixed it.

In the faulty file when you hit return after inputting the new level it placed the level in the box but didn't update the profile, after exiting it reverted back.

I tried creating a new alignment and profile from scratch in a new file (R2008) and it functions correctly - so don't panic guys all is well (I think).

I'll keep my eye on this and see if it occours again as I didn't get the same issue in CB3, let us know if anyone else gets this.
Message 10 of 12
mikeevans

Coding change between R2007 Basic Curb and R2008 VBA / dotNET subassembly?

A collegue pointed this out to me, when he updated the Basic curb subassembly to .net / vba R2008 the point codes had altered position resulting in a sidewalk being attached to point #5 (in coding diagram #4) instead of #6 (back of kerb) so the sidewalk assembly has dropped in level.

Original point code R2007 - point #5 is now labeled as point #4 in R2008. I didn't ever notice this but it looks like in R2007 the point coding structure for the basic curb didn't match the coding structure in the help file - it does now.
Message 11 of 12
petrocat

I agree. Adesk, there has to be a better way than background masks. I'm disappointed.
Message 12 of 12
jwedding

Mike, you need to put these in separate posts. I almost missed most of them
(not that I have answers) but I'm sure the guys that do have the
programmatic answers might as well.

New issue, new post.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2007
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 2G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report