Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 Expressions broken?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
davidokonewski8100
123 Views, 3 Replies

2008 Expressions broken?

I'm having a heck of a time getting expressions to work in 2008. I created a few generic spot host expressions in 2007 and they copied over fine and work wonderfully. Based on an agency review comment they want a few more detailed spots.

So I added an expression in 2008 and it didn't show up in the pull down list where the ones in 2007 show up.

Is it me being an idiot again? Or does this actually not work properly?

Thank
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
c__h
in reply to: davidokonewski8100

I believe this is a known problem.

http://www.civil3d.com/index.php/2007/04/two-reference-text-gotchas-in-2008/

Lets hope this (and some other problems) are being worked on for a SP.
Message 3 of 4

I thought I had read that before, thanks for the refresher.

Reason #6 to keep 2007 Installed and 1 license active on the server. I need my ability to make expressions
Message 4 of 4

Are you freaking kidding me? I skipped 2007 entirely and went straight to 2008. One of the things I really want to do that C3D 2006 could not is to reference profile elevations in station/offset labels. So now functionality that was added in 2007 has been taken away in 2008? I'm sure as hell not installing 2007 now to get this functionality so I guess I'll have to wait for SP1. That's just great 😞

Based on the service pack fiasco that occurred with 2007 I'll bet it will be awhile too before we see SP1 for 2008. The longer Autodesk refrains from issuing a service pack the more the marketing folks can crow how "polished and stable" the initial release of 2008 was.

I'm not at all pleased.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report