Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2008 civil 3d structure sump

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
2008c3d
282 Views, 4 Replies

2008 civil 3d structure sump

when i set up a pipe network i am not able to set the sump depth on the inlets.  i have set up 3 pipe runs and only 1 out of 12 inlets allow me to set the sump depth and my structure label will not recognize the flow line of the inlet.  what can i do to get it to work properly.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: 2008c3d

Thats not a lot to go on. Where are you getting the structures from? are they all the same? sounds like they are not. try swaping parts to insure you have the correct structures

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
2008c3d
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

hello,

you are correct i didnt give alot of info. to solve this problem.  this is how i got to the point i am at.  i mainly work on the survey side and we had a employee that got mad a quit so i had to fill in to get the jop finished.  he basically left the design will alot of stumbling blocks in the network to make life more interesting.  the structures he used only had a rim elevation that could be set and nothing else was able to be set (sump elevation).  i went back to very old designs and got a different structure that worked properly and was able to get the system to work.  i am a beginner so i had to work to get a solution.  it still has some issues that need to be worked out,  like a end connection storm sewer inlet reading the center of the inlet instead of the end where the pipe connects but over all it seems to work. 

is it possible to add a sump to a structure that only has a rim elevation?  thanks james

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B

As far as the Sumps, they're determined by the Connected Pipe elevations invert combined with whatever "Set Sump Depth" rules may be applied for a given structure.

There are 2 "Control Sump By:" sump behaviors, "Depth" or "Elevation"

Select a structure > Rt. Click > Part Properties Tab > Sump Behavior > Sump Depth (if Depth toggle is active) or Sump Elevation (if Elevation toggle is active).

If you have a bunch of structures you wish to be at the same sump depth, then apply a "Set Sump Depth" rule to them.

Note: I don't have 2008 version so things might be a bit different for you.

sump depth.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
2008c3d

hello,

sorry i went home sick yesterday,  yes when i was able to get a functioning structure from another drawing we had on the server, that did allow me to set the sump.  the menu that you sent was very similar to 2008.  my original structure that i was using had the areas where you would adjust the sump greyed out and it wont let you change or add a sump. 

we are looking for a civil cad tech and a eit to work in dallas, tx.  if you know anyone that fits that is looking for a job please send them this way.  thanks james

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report