Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 Is JUNK!!

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
black95gt
159 Views, 16 Replies

2007 Is JUNK!!

This program is absolute Junk. It is 3-5 times slower than 2006......It gives me fatal errors when i save.......i try to paste a surface and it gives me a fatal error.....it takes 5 minutes to model my corridor and sometimes it just keeps remodeling until i shut off my computer.....WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS THING?????? the computer is two weeks old and more than capable of running according to the requirements. Ive tried to go back to 2006, but it says file is incompatable.......anybody else having these problems with an expensive ass program that should work when you spend this kind of money?
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
iturgeon
in reply to: black95gt

Well, I only installed it this morning, but I found a pretty critical issue with grading, and the multi-thousand dollar program has crashed on me twice within the last hour or so.

Here is an illustration of my problem. I created a slope of 5:1 (on the left) and 2:1 (on the right). I insert a transition, and this is what I get.
Message 3 of 17
iturgeon

Tried the new feature line, tried to insert a base line to force it to work. But, still got the same result. Unusable!
Message 4 of 17
iturgeon

OK, so who do I complain to get this fixed, my reseller? AutoDESK? I need this functionality .. yesterday!
Message 5 of 17
rgraham764

I see you read the book 'How to win friends and influence people'. One word
dude (or dudette). TACT!

Rick
wrote in message news:5167320@discussion.autodesk.com...
OK, so who do I complain to get this fixed, my reseller? AutoDESK? I need
this functionality .. yesterday!
Message 6 of 17
black95gt

I love the feature line command....just got the perimeter of the subdivision tied into the existing ground. It took about 1/2 hour. Went to save before i tried putting it into a surface....ummm... I bet you can guess what happened!!!!! YEP....THE FAMOUSE FATAL ERROR...lol...up to 3 hours this morning doing and redoing what would have been an hours worth of work....CLAP CLAP...My Hat is off to Autodesk on this one
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

I love the new features of 2007, but I really, really dislike all of the fatal errors. The most frustrating crash is when I save. you can't even save with any reliability. I would take a working save command over grading transitions and pasting surfaces:) Message was edited by: Discussion Admin
Message 8 of 17
iturgeon

I've already got plenty of friends. And, bringing attention to the problem is, as far as I know, the only way to get something fixed.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

I can pretty much tell you that rants won't be addressed. Post reproducible
errors, and a dwg to show them, and the team pays attention. Then they get
fixed. And you feel better about their responsiveness and the world is a
happier place.

Just claiming it's junk doesn't do anything for anyone.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
Civil 3D 2006 SP2
XP Tablet, SP2, 2GHz, 1.5G
www.eng-eff.com
www.civil3d.com Message was edited by: Discussion Admin
Message 10 of 17
Russell-2

Your problems may be related to this: http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=470383

I was having a similar problem where the program crashed EVERY time I saved. Setting PROXYGRAPHICS as detailed in the above post worked for me.

Russ
Message 11 of 17
iturgeon

Hey, I might have jumped in on a thread about ranting, but nowhere did I rant. I only stated facts, and as you stated displayed a screen capture of the problem.
Message 12 of 17
black95gt

I give up on this.....im going to wait a couple months and let them iron the kinks out......But in the meantime How do i get my drawing to work in 2006 again? I did a SaveAs 2004 format and when i open it up in 2006 none of my objects (ex. Surface, Corridor, Proposed surface, Pipe networks are there) How do i get all this back? We do not have the time to mess around with this program that does not work properly. Thanks
Message 13 of 17
Russell-2

Did you try the PROXYGRAPHICS trick?
Message 14 of 17
black95gt

yes, everything comes in as big square boxes.
Message 15 of 17
nzeeben

You cannot export the Civil 3D objects back to 2006. Your only option if you do not have a copy of the file that was not save in 2007 is to landxml your data out and then bring that into 2006.
Nick
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

We are crashing left and right w/ 2007 so I've set the PROXYGRAPHICS to "0" to see if this helps.

By the way, what effect will this change to PROXYGRAPHICS have on our files or session? Does it have something to do w/ xref's, not quite sure what a proxy graphic is.
Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

Here is an explanation of Proxy Graphics from the ADESK website

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2878393&linkID=2475323

wrote in message news:5169017@discussion.autodesk.com...
We are crashing left and right w/ 2007 so I've set the PROXYGRAPHICS to "0"
to see if this helps.

By the way, what effect will this change to PROXYGRAPHICS have on our files
or session? Does it have something to do w/ xref's, not quite sure what a
proxy graphic is.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report