Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 sclaes in 1 pdf drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
akhlaghinejad
249 Views, 3 Replies

2 sclaes in 1 pdf drawing

Hello,

I usually takeoff the quantities of our bid projects with Autocad (Like sq. ft. , length and ....). we have a civil drawing in pdf which has 2 scales. is there any way i can scale this image in autocad the way i have one scale for horizontal and one for vertical? i have attached the drawing. Thanks for the help
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

If you are using Civil 3d 2010, use the Quantity Takeoff portion of the program and apply the scale factor to the area...
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 4

i have civil 09, and could you explain more? thx
Message 4 of 4

From my quick view of your PDF file, the file contains cross-sections.

Typically cross-sections are drawn with a vertical exxageration so that small changes in the cross-section are plainly visible.

I would import your PDF and scale it to the horizontal scale. Jig your areas.

Since you are using 2009, and you want the area of the base course, use a field and apply the factor to scale that down.

For example, if your scales are 1"=100' H, and 1"=10' vertical, your areas are a factor of 10 off. (10 times the vertical distance)

If your base is area scale 100 sq. ft, then that section is actually 10 sf. (100/10 = 10)

An AutoCAD field allows you to apply the factor to your field easily.

Matthew Anderson, PE

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report