Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 intersection problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Neilw_05
505 Views, 3 Replies

2 intersection problems

I am having problems with the intersection wizard for 2 intersection scenarios.

CASE 1: In the first case I have 2 side roads that meet at a common point on a main road. I saw an AU course by Eric Chapell where he created 2 intersections to get the profiles to lock to the main road. However he never showed how to build a corridor at the intersection.

At the intersection (screen capture 003) I have created 2 intersection objects. For the first I have specified the offsets and curb return parameters. For the second I have not applied any curb return parameters so it's only function is to lock the profile to the main road. I am finding the wizard is not wanting to create the curb return profiles for the first intersection using the lane slope parameters. I suspect it is because part of the intersection lies on the second alignment. Does anyone have a workflow for this?

CASE 2: I have 2 alignments that end at a common point (screen capture 004). The intersection wizard refuses to create an intersection because the main road is not allowed to end at the intersection. If I extend the main road beyond the intersection I get an error: "entity must be a fixed tangent or free parabola"(screen cap 005). So I am unable to create an intersection with locked profiles.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Cadguru42
in reply to: Neilw_05

This is why I just avoid the intersection wizard and object.  It's faster to "manually" create an intersection because of the headaches the wizard provides.  I know that doens't help with your question, though.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: Neilw_05

I think Neil's lament is that by not being able to use the intersection wizard, he is kept from being able to lock profiles.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: tcorey

Locking the profiles and having a dynamic intersection is definitely a significant part of it Tim. Having to manually create all those alignments, profiles and regions is another. 

I chose a real world pilot project that has all sorts of scenarios that are not addressed in the typical canned demos and tutorials. This is where the learning curve gets tough as the user is left to fend for solutions in the ether.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report