Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Errors after student download

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jcook4
990 Views, 5 Replies

2 Errors after student download

I just downloaded the student version of Civil 3D, but every time I open it I get the following text box:

"The drawing file being opened was not created by a product from an Autodesk Education Suite."

It then recommends that I save the product by a different name.  If I continue, it opens Autodesk, but with really deranged coordinates; if I cancel, I can't open a new file.

Questions:

A) Why is this error message appearing?

B) How do I reset the coordinates so that they are (0,0,0,)?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jcook4

Hi,

>> 2 Errors after student download

None of these two messages are errors 😉

>> but every time I open it I get the following text box:

>> "The drawing file being opened was not created by a product from an Autodesk Education Suite.

Every drawing you save with your student-release will be marked as "created with student release"! Also every drawing that was created with a commercial AutoCAD. Such a drawing has then the stamp and this can't be removed from that drawing.

And to avoid that you "damage" a commercial drawing with your student release your AutoCAD shows you the message as a warning, just to be careful.

The reason now is that your installation has templates that are used everytime your AutoCAD creates a new drawing. And as these templates don't have the "student-release stamp" yet you get a waring also. Open it, save it as new template and after that you can create new drawings based on that template without getting any message.

>> How do I reset the coordinates so that they are (0,0,0,)?

Zoom to the coordinates you want. 😉

ZOOM _WINDOW 0,0 100,100

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
jcook4
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you - that helps.

Justin

Message 4 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Open your usual template, do the zoom trick as advised (or even Zoom Extents) this will set the bottom left to 0,0 and then save the template

When you next create a new drawing the coordiates will be correct

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 6
jcook4

Thank you

- Justin

Message 6 of 6
jari.kekki

This not working help please, i follow those instructions not helping. Same warning!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report