Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 connected pipe networks... i did it

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
326 Views, 10 Replies

2 connected pipe networks... i did it

I know its not supposed to be possible, and I have no idea how it happened... but I have a structure in one network connected to 2 pipes in another network.

has anyone seen that before?

When I data shortcut the two networks their not connected anymore, but in the source drawing they are defiantly connected.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Anonymous

I do think in 2009 that the pipe networks objects can interact - however - there is no "MOVE TO NETWORK"

I do know there were some oddities with networks in data shortcut that I hope update 1 will address. We will have to see.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 3 of 11
Civil3DReminders_com

Was the drawing from an older project? In 2006 you could have two different pipe networks connected.
Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 4 of 11
jwedding

In 2009, this is possible and normal.

--
James Wedding, P.E.
Engineered Efficiency, Inc.
The Site: www.eng-eff.com
The Blog: www.civil3d.com
The Book: www.masteringcivil3d.com
C3D 08SP2/09 Mac Book Pro, XP SP2, 4GB
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I'm using 2008... drawing was started in 2008
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Ok, how do I connect two pipe networks in 2009? I can't seem to get it to work.

the 2009 help file says:
"You cannot connect pipe network elements from different networks. Therefore, create a single network that includes all parts that might eventually need to be connected. For example, include all storm drainage structures and pipes in a single pipe network. During the course of your design, you may find that a particular section of pipe should be connected to a different structure." Message was edited by: clay stringer
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Grip select the end of pipe
drag to the manhole, you will see the symbol showing that you will conect to the MH.
that's it
Message 8 of 11
mscacco

"...but in the source drawing they are defiantly connected. "

I think your typo makes your assertion much more accurate! "Defiantly" connected. 😉
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

I understand how to connect things that are part of the same network.

How do you connect two separate networks? It can't be done in 2008. I had it happen once, by accident and don't know how I did it.

and the 2009 help doc still says two networks can't be connected.

And I've tried just dragging the grip to the structure, doesn't work. Someone said 2009 you can connect networks easily.. how??
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

The above process works only with 2009.
I have found sometimes, based on your view (zoomed in or out) you may have to select the pipe adjacent to the structure rather than the structure.

There will be a posting on the blog site (http://rand.com/imaginit/1/rss/civil_blog.asp?feedid=BLOGS_CIVIL_ALL ), on a complete workflow, in addition I have also posted a vba app that will automate the complete process. Not sure when the blog owner plans to post.
Message 11 of 11
Matt.Anderson

The easiest explaination is create a pipe the goes from Structure A on Network 1 to Structure B on Network two.

Both structures will have the inverts of the connected pipes, but the pipe remains in one network only. There is no merging, just the knowledge of them touching.

This only works in 2009.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report