Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1. Quick profile on corridor section AND 2. Corridor surface Boundaries

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
eyescast
721 Views, 6 Replies

1. Quick profile on corridor section AND 2. Corridor surface Boundaries

When a line crossing the green colored corridor section is right clicked , and  choosing the  quick profile option , no profile view is generated.Civil 3d did ask where to generate it so then the area  was clicked Still, NO profile. I spent time figuring out how to use the cube at the left bottom corner by rotating so that it shows "TOP " face. When the cube is oriented to TOP face , the drawing is oriented into a line ( like the perspective is a horizon). Initially, I was able to generate the sections (Refer. to quickProfileCorridor6).

2. The another file shows a step to taken to do a quick profile.

I need help so I can continue on with sample lines. Ultimately,  road section quantities need to be acquired.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: eyescast

I noticed your view cube is being showed as looking at the BACK, shouldn't that be TOP? Not sure if that might have something to do with it. Looks like your in some 3D rotation.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 3 of 7
eyescast
in reply to: sjg

Ya, it is part of my problem description that was initially sent Here are two files , first one is turned to the top face, and the second one is turned to the front face.

Please take note where the line is over the green corridor , the gizmo x-y-z system mode is Turned ON…. Could this be the cause of my problem.

How do get to the gizmo mode settings?

Message 4 of 7
sjg
Advisor

While in model space, type VIEW, maximize Preset Views, select TOP and click Set Current, hit OK. ViewCube or "GIZMO" should read TOP. Then to reset your user coordinate system (XYZ) to World, type UCS, then hit W for world. Then draw a polyline and do a quick profile.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 5 of 7
eyescast

i believe this has work , no issues on this.

thanks

Message 6 of 7
eyescast

Hi  was wrong; **** still needs a solution. I need to turn off the points on the assembly surface. Or change the size that's ok too. how to I change the boundaries so that assembly cross section will look it has cut and fill section?

thanks again.

Message 7 of 7
eyescast
in reply to: sjg

I was able to fix this problem thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report