Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1:3 Gradient

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
s_hutchison
391 Views, 2 Replies

1:3 Gradient

I need to create an embankment with a gradient of 1:3, if I know the bottom level, is there a way I can create a gradient between two feature lines that will give me what the level of the top of my embankment is?  Apologies if this is slightly confusing question!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: s_hutchison

Make your two feature lines. Select the feature line that is already set at the desired elevation. On the Feature Line contextual ribbon in the Edit Elevations section there is a button that says "Adjacent Elevations by Reference" when you hover over it . It will prompt you to select the object to edit. You can then specify an elevation difference or type G to then prompt for grade or S to then prompt for Slope. You can then enter your 3 for slope.

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 3
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: s_hutchison

or a projection grading to the top

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report