Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Database Working Folder on a Network

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rusty.blackwell
837 Views, 3 Replies

Survey Database Working Folder on a Network

We are currntly using Civil 3D 2013 and recently have had issues with my database folders.  On our network I created a database subfolder under each of my survey job folders so the database stays with the job folder instead of using the default way of having all the databases in one folder.  Recently our IT department changed our user domains (not sure if that is part of the problem).  Now when I set my working folder to a particular job, save it & close the drawing the database for that job does not open, it displays the previous (drawing) database I had opened.  For example if I create a database, set the working folder and drawing for Project A and save/close the drawing.  Then I do the same thing for Project B.  When I open Project A the database that is displayed is the one from Project B.  Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? 

Thanks,

Rusty

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: rusty.blackwell

rusty.blackwell wrote:

Now when I set my working folder to a particular job, save it & close the drawing the database for that job does not open, it displays the previous (drawing) database I had opened.

AFAIK, that's the way the Survey Working Folder works and it must be manually set, every time a project switch is made.

Unlike the data shortcut working folder which maintains an association to it's project.

We also have project specific network folders for survey databases and when we switch from "project A" to another project, it remains set to "project A" path until manually reset to the current project path.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
rusty.blackwell
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

Thank you for your response.  I don't know where I got the idea that the working folder stayed with the project. 

Thanks,

Rusty

Message 4 of 4

This proved that Civil 3D is NOT dynamic as they claim it.  

@rusty.blackwell wrote:

We are currntly using Civil 3D 2013 and recently have had issues with my database folders.  On our network I created a database subfolder under each of my survey job folders so the database stays with the job folder instead of using the default way of having all the databases in one folder.  Recently our IT department changed our user domains (not sure if that is part of the problem).  Now when I set my working folder to a particular job, save it & close the drawing the database for that job does not open, it displays the previous (drawing) database I had opened.  For example if I create a database, set the working folder and drawing for Project A and save/close the drawing.  Then I do the same thing for Project B.  When I open Project A the database that is displayed is the one from Project B.  Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas? 

Thanks,

Rusty

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report