Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Net Sub Assembly Error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
5171 Views, 8 Replies

.Net Sub Assembly Error

the error message I am getting:

"Macro file not found at original path specified in subassembly.  Updated macro file location to path defined by AECCCONTENT_DIR environment variable.  (Source: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2011\enu\\C3DStockSubassemblies.dll!Subassembly.BasicShoulder)    ©ÖMM  "

This started about a week ago after a MS Windows "security update".

I did a restore point back to a point before this update.  Did not fix 

Went to the .Net website for MS and they had a "repair".  Did not fix

Did a "repair" on Autocad.  Did not fix

Did a reinstall of autocad. Did not fix

Did an upgrade to Win7 64 bit and Civil 3D 64Bit.  Did not fix

repeated the Win 7 and Civil3D install,  Did not fix

Tried to create a new drawing with subassemblies after the 32 bit install and the second 64 bit install.  Still getting the error through all of that.

I don't know what else to do....

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you sure it is an error? This is normally an informational message when you first open a drawing with corridors in a newer version of C3D. The path to the subassembly .NET code is saved with the subs, so when the new version is found it gets changed to use the new path.

@Anonymous wrote:

"Macro file not found at original path specified in subassembly.  Updated macro file location to path defined by AECCCONTENT_DIR environment variable. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

I am answering off my droidat the moment. Ihave a copy of the log file that shows all the errors. In addition to this, the is another error. I thought I included it. However, if I go into the subassembly and edit a parameter, it will not update to the drawing. That error code I forgot or missed including. I will need a bit of time to include it here.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I have included the log file of the errors I am getting.

This is the one I get for any assembly I am trying to edit.
Source:     n,NM       Roadway    Jon {  []0+50.00':  .Net subassembly project, module, or class not found 

Message 5 of 9
Jeff_M

Would it be possible to send me the drawing? miff AT sonic DOT net

Did you previously use any custom subassemblies? 

Does this happen in just this drawing or many?

EESignature
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I have two drawings (sent you both)

The subd_complete dwg is a file I have been using since Oct with Subassemblies.

the subgrade dwg I started with about 2 weeks ago.

This issue started this last weekend.

Thank you,

Jon

Message 7 of 9
Jeff_M

The subd_comp.dwg I only get the normal "macro file not found at original location. Updated to ...." It looks like this was last used on a PC using XP....in XP the DLL is located under Documents and Settings, but Vista/Win7 place it in the Program Data folder structure, therefor this is normal. There are some errors showing, but those are due to targets at the intersections....I did not investigate these, but I usually see this when the target for a width results in a 0, or negative, width subassembly.

The other drawing has a phantom Subassembly in the "Full" Assembly. It is named " - (84)", connects to the left edge of paving, and the 'out' point is towards the centerline. I'm n ot sure what this was supposed to be, but it is definitely what the Panorama is telling you it can't find. Deleting this subassembly, then rebuilding, removes all but 4 errors....again these are related to the intersction targets.

Hope that helps

EESignature
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

thank you.

Message 9 of 9
opesch_

Hello we've exactly the same problem after having done a fresh upgrade to SEVEN on our worksattions (HD were formated and linked in RAID0 and the Autodesk installation folder structure was completely revised to put all civil data, libraries & projects on a network drive)

I opened an old project whith some datashortcuts and 3 corridors, I've try to update one of the corridor with new profiles datashortcuts but CIVIL tells me that they are "no targets in the scripts",

once I right click on my assemblies to view they construction properties & codes, I always receive the same error msg :
"One or more subassembly macros (or .Net classes) could not be found. Check Event Viewer for more info"

when I see in the error vista, I can see that he's searching the C3DStockSubassemblies.dll in the old folder structure and obviously doesn't find it.... And I haven't seen where to set the new path in Civil (not found in option dialog !)

More problematic.... if I try to make a new assembly and I click on a subassembly on the tool palette he tels me the exactly same error as when I edit the corridor or try to see subassembly codes

It seems that the above dll catalog path is hard written in the DWG and doesn't depend on how was CIVIL instaled an configured !?!

Do you know how I can resolve this issue ? I send you my DWG as E-transmit ;o)

I thank you for the time it will take

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report