Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dilfa
1533 Views, 6 Replies

Internal Error?

I cannot work in couple of drawings as I am getting INTERNAL ERROR: !dbmaini-core2d.cpp@1796: eHandleInUse. Any idea what does it mean as google search didn't help. I tried recover, audit, delete temp. files, purge, reboot, etc but didn't help. as mentioned, it happens only on one project and few drawings (not all) which are part of that project. Appreciate any help!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: dilfa

I don't find anything on that, either, other than this thread and one other lonely plea.

Want to be expeditious? Get the backup, rename it as a .dwg, open that. Does it work? Go forward from there.

I don't necessarily think your error is unfixable, but, many times, it takes longer trying to fix, often still failing, than it does to step back and then continue.

This illustrates the need for reliable backup.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
dilfa
in reply to: tcorey

Renaming a backup didn't help....based on a content of error, is it possible to figure out if this is Cad or PC related problem?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
wfberry

One easy way is send it to someone else.  If you want I can open up in either 2016 or 2017.

Let us know.

Bill

Message 5 of 7
dilfa
in reply to: wfberry

Few guys in the office can open it and few can't. I was hoping to hear from someone, based on error wording, is it related to hardware or not. dbmaini, what does it mean? core2d, is it related to CPU or something else?

Message 6 of 7
loggyboy

I'm having this same issue here, but on Arch 2017. Recently upgraded from 2017 LT which had been working well!

Message 7 of 7
grbicw

Had the same problem here on 2017, and I managed to fix it by changing settings in Options / Open and Save.

Things that I changed:

- Save format 2010 (was 2007);

- Maintain visual fidelity for..... = box empty;

- Incremental save to 100 %;

- Thumbnail preview settings - slider to 'performance'.

It is possible that you do not have to change all of these steps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report