Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812a5bh when switching tabs

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
GFAcad
3644 Views, 9 Replies

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812a5bh when switching tabs

Has anyone esle had this problem?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: GFAcad

First, run Recover on the drawing and all of its Xref's.

Second, go to Options, System tab, and set the Layout Regen Options to Regen when Switching Layouts.

Does this help?

Best regards,

Tim Corey

Delta Engineering Systems

Redding, CA

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

GFAcad wrote:
> Has anyone esle had this problem?

Please post some details: which version of Civil 3D and service pack level?

--
Himanshu Gohel. Civil 3D Team, Autodesk, Inc.
Autodesk Civil 3D Product Information: http://www.autodesk.com/civil3d
Civil Engineering Community Portal: http://civilcommunity.autodesk.com
Message 4 of 10
Tentie
in reply to: Anonymous

I have just run into this same error.  I am running Civil 3D 2010 with all current patches.

This error comes up as the program is starting.  The DWT is loaded, the ribbon is loaded, the properties panel is loaded - then the program seems to hang for 10-15 seconds (non-responding) then I get the crash.

I have rebooted the computer several times.  It has been running for months with no issues and suddenly started crashing yesterday, on boot up only.  I can't get into the program at all.

Glen

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Engineering Technician 1
City of North Bay
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Message 5 of 10
Tentie
in reply to: Tentie

Actually, my error is slightly different:

Fatal Error: e0434f4dh Exception at 7714b727h

Again it happens on startup - just started happeneing yesterday - Civil 3D 2010 with all patches - Autodesk report tool finds nothing to recommend.

Thanks,

Glen

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Engineering Technician 1
City of North Bay
Message 6 of 10
SethHall

Hi Glen-

Has anything changed on your machine just prior to this issue occurring? Anything such as file scan, registry cleaner, Windows Updates, antivirus, new 3rd party installation, etc? It could be that some of Civil 3D's files were either modified and/or deleted.

First I would suggest having another user log onto you machine and see if they can reproduce the issue. If they cannot reproduce, than most likely your Windows Profile has become corrupted. Please follow these instructions to reset your User settings: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1108208

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 7 of 10
jmatthei

I had a similar problem earlier - couldn't even open the program.  I found this on a forum that worked (I had to give it to my IT Dept to do because I don't know how to edit registries.)  It's a lot faster than reinstalling and you don't lose your customizations and settings.  Hopefully it might work for you too.

Re: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7c812a5bh 
05-07-2010 02:31 PM in reply to: houserja
Looks like I replied to an ancient thread earlier.... So here's an update on this, more current thread.

I saw this happen to a number of machines today. I created a good profile under another login and then continually hacked away at the registry, comparing the one that opened fine to the one that produced this fatal error. I ultimately traced it down to this single registry key:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8000:409\WebServices\CommunicationCenter]
@=""
"LastUpdateTimeLoWord"=dword:4be447d0

Changing the dword to 00000000 solved the problem.

Obviously, this isn't a user-editable field and the software is at fault.

For those who are less familiar with registry editing, you can save the following to a text file with the .REG extension and import it into your registry by double clicking on it (usual registry editing warnings apply).

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8000:409\WebServices\CommunicationCenter]
@=""
"LastUpdateTimeLoWord"=dword:00000000
"LastUpdateTimeHiWord"=dword:00000000
Message 8 of 10
Tentie
in reply to: SethHall

Hi Seth Hall

FYI, I am operational again.

To answer your question though, the only thing I had done that was unique, was loading and running a LISP routine called TLEN, which I found on the internet (but I doubt that was the issue).  The computer I run is connected to a network (I work at the City of North Bay in Ontario Canada) and I am locked down pretty tight and do not control anything like antivirus or registry cleaners, etc.  Now saying this, our "IT" MAY have done an update to something that I would never know about.

So anyway - Another user did not have any issues on my machine, so that confirmed it was my profile that was corrupt.  I grabbed the document you mentioned but being I do not have REGEDIT access (due to IT again), I skipped that portion and went directly to the 2 folders mentioned, and deleted them (windows 7).  Restarted the program, it did it's secondary reinstall (as mentioned) and that solved my problem!

Now, will this be a problem being I did not delete the registry key mentioned?  Things seem to be fine, so I assume it is not critical.

I might suggest that you add this to the reply that is sent when the automated report is generated and forwarded.  That way others may not have to spin their tires as long as I did.

Thank you for your assistance - it is nice to see a timely reply that can help!

Thank you to the other people who assisted as well.

Glen

Glen W. Cameron, C.E.T.
Engineering Technician 1
City of North Bay
Message 9 of 10
SethHall

Hi Glen-

Glad to hear it!! It's hard to say what may have caused the issue, not knowing anything about that LISP I wouldn't necessarily rule that out as the cause. Additionally being that IT would generally push out any changes to all machines it could be difficult to pinpoint on your machine. Either way, I would make note of the technical solution I provided for future use, and you may want to put in an email to IT to see if they modified anything on your machine.

Happy to help!!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 10 of 10
wallypiper
in reply to: jmatthei

"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8000:409\WebServices\CommunicationCenter]
@=""
"LastUpdateTimeLoWord"=dword:00000000
"LastUpdateTimeHiWord"=dword:00000000"

This solution worked for me.

ACLT2010, x64, D.309.0.0

Problem started after a large group of Windows updates installed, but not immediately. I got at least one launch after the updates. Then this error, "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 778876fdh" began to occur during any program launch attempt.

This solution solved the problem and was quite easy to do even though I am generally terrified of editing the registry.

The HiWord entry was already "0".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report