Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 1624

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
4974 Views, 3 Replies

Error code 1624

I am trying to install Subscription 2010 Point Clouds Roundabout Layout and General Enhancements and i have this message.
Civil 3d 2010, Vista x86. Can you help me please?
Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

http://desktopengineer.com/msierrors

You have some pathing problems...

Matthew Anderson, PE

arspi546700 wrote:
> I am trying to install Subscription 2010 Point Clouds Roundabout Layout and General Enhancements and i have this message.
> Civil 3d 2010, Vista x86. Can you help me please?
> Thank you.
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

And how can i correct them?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Cause
The installer attempts to copy the file into a directory but fails due to a permissions problem. This occurs most commonly when the SYSTEM user does not have permissions to the install folder.

Solution or Workaround
This solution involves changing permissions settings for certain folders. You should be logged in as administrator throughout this process.

Change permissions for the C:\WINDOWS\Installer or C:\WINNT\Installer folder, the C:\TEMP or C:\WINDOWS\TEMP and TEMP\Installer directories to allow SYSTEM and the current user Full Control:

Open Windows Explorer. Browse to your C:\Windows or C:\WINNT folder.
Go to the Tools > Options menu, and select View. Select 'Show hidden files and folders' radio button, and uncheck the 'Hide protected operating system files' checkbox.
If you are on Windows XP, you may also have to disable 'Simple file sharing (recommended)' to see the Security tab in the next step.

Right-click on the Installer folder and choose Properties. Click the Security tab.
Verify that the following permissions are set and that these user groups are listed:

ADMINISTRATORS group:
Full control (all boxes checked)
EVERYONE group:
Read & Execute
List Folder Contents
Read
SYSTEM group:
Full control (all boxes checked)

If one of these user groups is not listed, you may have to ADD it by clicking the Add button in the upper-right corner of the Security Properties dialog box.

Make sure the checkbox at the bottom of the Security Properties dialog box, marked 'Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object' is checked.

Follow the above steps for C:\TEMP, WINDOWS/TEMP or WINNT/TEMP, and the share/directory to which you are installing the product.
If the file named in the error message does exist in the folder that is listed in the error message, make sure that it is not set as 'read-only'. To do this, right-click on the file, and choose Properties. Verify that the 'read-only' property is unchecked.
If this still does not solve the problem, upgrading to a newer version of Windows Installer may rectify the situation:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report