Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML inverse report angle precision

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lkirby
1183 Views, 4 Replies

XML inverse report angle precision

I'm pulling my hair out with this one.  My parcel inverse reports from the Toolbox Report Manager are still coming in with the bearings having decimal seconds to 3 places (N 0-00-00.000 E).  I have already changed the variable for angle precision to zero in the "General_Formating_JScript" xsl file but it's still not coming out correctly.  Is there any other file that holds an additional angle or bearing precision setting?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: lkirby

I think in C3D 2011 you might finally be able to change these values from within C3D.

But prior to the 2011 version, you had to start up the LandXML Reporting utility, which is a seperate program installed along with Civil 3D.  For C3D 2009 and earlier, you can start up this utility by going to your Windows Start menu -> All Programs -> Autodesk folder and running the LandXML reporting utility.

For C3D 2010, no entry gets created in the Start Menu, and you have to manually browse to its location in C:/Program Files/Autodesk/LandXML Reporting (you may want to create a Start Menu shortcut, desktop link, or similar, to make it easier to launch this utility in the future).

The settings themselves are stored in an XML file - the RepGenSettings.xml file, I think - and you can also edit this file directly in a text editor.  I can never remember where it's located, though - if you want to search your system for it, I believe you must be sure to enable the search in hidden or system folders to find it.

Sinc
Message 3 of 5
IanMcClain
in reply to: lkirby

I am looking for this myself. I can change the distance precision with reporting program file exe, but not bearings precision.

Ian McClain
Message 4 of 5

Last time I looked you had to manually make the change for this report. This blog posts makes mention of how to change it: http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/2012_01_01_archive.html

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 5 of 5

I have since upgraded a couple times and I'm now on 2013.  Ian - I'm not positive if I remember this correctly but I believe in 2012, you have to make the change in either your "drawing settings" or your "feature settings" in the Settings tab of the Toolspace.  I have found if I don't have every one of the individual options matching, some of them change the reports when I don't expect them to.  The other place I'd look is under the edit button of the toolbox where you change your reports info like your company name, etc.  Again, I've found if I don't have every variable set to the correct precisions, one of them will end up throwing off a report or measurement somewhere even if everything else has been showing up correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report