Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get CorridorSection object using API

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
zzffxx
577 Views, 3 Replies

Where to get CorridorSection object using API

Question:Given one corridor and one sampleline,how to get corridor section at sampleline postion?

Actually,Civil3D 2014 has exposed new method about CorridorSection Class to get SectionPoints,which can help me to get the section.That's great!

However I don't know where to get the CorridorSection object using API?

Someone can help me,thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: zzffxx

Spoiler

Hi,

I believe, CorridorSection doesn’t have any information about points and SectionPoints API would return empty collection. I didn't play with this yet; did you check this ? and do you get the Point lists using this API ?

Could you try this ?

Instead of CorridorSection, you can get points, links and shapes from AppliedAssembly, which makes up the corridor and this can be achieved by station.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar

Autodesk

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
zzffxx
in reply to: Partha.Sarkar

Hi,

Thanks Sarkar.

Sorry,I haven't found any way to use SectionPoints property because I don't know how to get the CorridorSection object.So,I ask someone tell me where to get CorridorSection object.

Trust me,the sentense of "Gets all the geometry points of the Section" from civil3D wikihelp mislead me. Now,I see.

I have tried AppliedAssembly method. It's OK except for repetitive CalculatedPoint which is easy to handle I think(but why?). Thanks for Sarkar's reply,again.

Another,Sarkar, Does the question about ImportSubAssembly API I posted a few days have any threads?

Message 4 of 4
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: zzffxx

Glad to help you !

I couldn't investigate the ImportSubassembly API yet. I will look into that soon and update you through the same thread.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report