Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Where is the tangent value in Design Profiles?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
joantopo
326 Views, 2 Replies

Where is the tangent value in Design Profiles?

Hi.

I am looking for the tangent property (well, in Spain we call it "tangente" ) the length showed in yellow:

imagen1.jpg

Actually, there are 2 values, tangent IN  and tangent OUT, although in ParabolaSymmetric or Circular, both are equals. (and they are different in ProfileEntityType.ParabolaAsymmetric).

I donĀ“t find this value neither in API Civil 3D 2015 or in the profile table (showed in the picture).

I know that I can calculate it with  slope and (PVI_Station - StartStation(parabola) )

Thanks.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tyronebk
in reply to: joantopo

I'm not sure why those properties are not calculated, but I assume it's because they're not typically required. I've never seen them displayed nor has anyone asked for them. But as you said, they are easily calculated, so a couple extension methods and a couple expressions would easily satisfy what you are asking for.

Note that there is a wrong assumption (or a simply mis-statement) in your post. The start and end tangent lengths are not equal to each other for symmetric curves (unless the tangent slopes are mirrored) but the station length is equal.

ProfileTangents.PNG

Message 3 of 3
joantopo
in reply to: tyronebk

OK.

You are right. I didnĀ“t check that.

For my reports, I need the "horizontal tangent" . In that sample: 16.2758, so I only have to calculate the rest. (StationPVI-StartStationParabola)

I was surprised that those values didnĀ“t appear in the data table.

Thanks.

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā