Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2013?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Jeff_M
582 Views, 1 Reply

Visual Studio 2013?

In an effort to cut down on the number of VS packages I have installed, I decided to start using VS2013 for all of my projects, old & new. Those that were in VS2010 & VS2012 open fine in 2013, and I'm able to still open them in the older version of VS. I have found a strange issue, however, that I have thus far been able to solve. My solution for C3D2015 builds, runs, & debugs perfectly using VS2013. The solution for C3D2014 builds and runs perfectly, but when I try to debug the version, even though C3D opens without error, there are no C3D objects visible and no C3D commands work properly. They execute, but the C3D objects that should be created, are not...or at least they cannot be seen.

Anyone have any idea why this is occuring? I will try to put together a small project that exhibits this, but am hoping someone has a quick fix for this.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jeff_M
in reply to: Jeff_M

I think I found my answer >>here<<.  However, I cannot utilize the suggested workaround since I have others who also need to be able to use/edit this code using previous versions of VS. I tried adding the Property into the csproject.user file but then it refuses to load the project. So it looks like, for now, I will need to debug all pre-2015 projects/solutions in VS2012. Smiley Sad

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report