Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Basic Express 2010 and Civil 3D 2012 VB Subassemblies

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jeffwilkerson5497
439 Views, 2 Replies

Visual Basic Express 2010 and Civil 3D 2012 VB Subassemblies

Hi Everyone,

I programmed some VB subassemblies a few years ago in Civil 3D 2008 using Visual Basic Express  as my compiler (Not sure the version). We recently upgraded to Civil 3D 2012 and I am trying to update my subassemblies. Also I am on a Windows 7 x64 computer which I recently got.

I loaded Visual Basic Express 2010 and before I even imported nany ew subassembly code, I tried to compile the basic C3DStockSubassemblies.vbproj to see if could update the C3DStockSubassemblies.dll. I first had to go through the conversion wizard to convert the project, and then I received about 100 errors when I actually compiled it. I loaded 2008 on my computer as well and couldn't compile it to compile either.

I am trying to figure out where I start. Is it the conversion that messed things up? The x64? I am debating whether I try and troubleshoot this myselft or hire someone. I have a lot less free time now than four years ago.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi,

>> I received about 100 errors

And none of them you showed here 😉

The most likely reason may be that you have to update the references, but that's just guessing.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
Daniel.Du
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Would you please refer to this blog to check whether it helps? 

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/03/solution-for-many-errors-when-debugging-my-first-plug-...

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report