AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization

AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization

jeffwilkerson5497
Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

Visual Basic Express 2010 and Civil 3D 2012 VB Subassemblies

290 Views, 2 Replies
07-26-2012 01:29 PM

Hi Everyone,

I programmed some VB subassemblies a few years ago in Civil 3D 2008 using Visual Basic Express  as my compiler (Not sure the version). We recently upgraded to Civil 3D 2012 and I am trying to update my subassemblies. Also I am on a Windows 7 x64 computer which I recently got.

I loaded Visual Basic Express 2010 and before I even imported nany ew subassembly code, I tried to compile the basic C3DStockSubassemblies.vbproj to see if could update the C3DStockSubassemblies.dll. I first had to go through the conversion wizard to convert the project, and then I received about 100 errors when I actually compiled it. I loaded 2008 on my computer as well and couldn't compile it to compile either.

I am trying to figure out where I start. Is it the conversion that messed things up? The x64? I am debating whether I try and troubleshoot this myselft or hire someone. I have a lot less free time now than four years ago.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (284 Views)

Re: Visual Basic Express 2010 and Civil 3D 2012 VB Subassemblies

07-27-2012 12:42 AM in reply to: jeffwilkerson5497

Hi,

>> I received about 100 errors

And none of them you showed here :smileywink:

The most likely reason may be that you have to update the references, but that's just guessing.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Board Manager
Daniel.Du
Message 3 of 3 (265 Views)

Re: Visual Basic Express 2010 and Civil 3D 2012 VB Subassemblies

07-30-2012 10:28 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Would you please refer to this blog to check whether it helps? 

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/03/solution-for-many-errors-when-debugging-my-first-plug-...

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.