Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vba subassembly issue 2011.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MikeEvansUK
1285 Views, 5 Replies

Vba subassembly issue 2011.

When I import a OTB VBA subassembly the following is displayed within the event viewer and the subassembly is unusable.

Warning 01 June 2010 11:42:38 Carriageway mike.evans []Subassembly Macro ! Not Found (Source: Carriageway)
Warning 01 June 2010 11:42:43 Carriageway mike.evans []Subassembly Macro ! Not Found (Source: Carriageway)
Warning 01 June 2010 11:42:47 Carriageway mike.evans []Subassembly Macro ! Not Found (Source: Carriageway)
Warning 01 June 2010 11:42:50 Carriageway mike.evans Macro is unusable as VBA is not installed [!] (Source: Carriageway)
Warning 01 June 2010 11:42:50 Carriageway mike.evans []Subassembly Macro ! Not Found (Source: Carriageway)
Warning 01 June 2010 11:42:52 Carriageway mike.evans []VBA macro file not found [!] (Source: Carriageway)
Warning 01 June 2010 11:42:54 Carriageway mike.evans []Subassembly Macro ! Not Found (Source: Carriageway)

I think that the one which is of concern here is the Macro is unusable as VBA is not installed, I have VBA installed and when you insert the subassembly it cannot find the macro as it would have in R2010.

(Instant answer is use .net subassemblies but that fine for the OTB ones not my customised ones from R2010).

Has the method for specifying the macro paths changed but not been updated in the VBA versions of the subassembly atc files.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dnl999
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

we are having the same problem with the custom vba subassemblies created in the previous version (2010).

When we try to insert the custom subassembly with the atc file we get the following message:

"One or more subassembly macros could not be found. Check Event Viewer for more information.  Continue?"

One strange thing I noticed is that the Macro Name and the Macro Project are empty in the palette.  Obviously it is failing to find the Macro path and name.

There seems to be some change in the way the atc file is formatted in 2011 version and I would appreciate very much if someone or Autodesk can post a solution to this problem.  Maybe a sample atc file for the custom subassembly which works with 2011 ?

TIA.

Message 3 of 6
dnl999

Mike, have you finally found the solution to this problem ?

I have been struggling for the past few days without much success.

I think it has to do with not automaticaly copying the macro name and project path into the palette.

FYI, in my case If I manually copy those two strings it seems to work so it must be something to do with the atc file which populates the macro name and project path.

TIA.

Andrew,

Message 4 of 6
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: dnl999

Nope, I have tried a few things but none have worked.

This is not just macros from 2010 any ATC file with VBA macro referances displays this error but they do load the macro file?

Time for a FixMePlease Request?

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 5 of 6
nzeeben

Mike,

We didnt make any changes to the ATC format for 2011. 

If you want to send me an ATC and DVB I can take a look.

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 6 of 6
MikeEvansUK

FYI: and all others.

After sending my files Nick has submitted a defect report.

Let you know any more as & when I do.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report