Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool palettes empty

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
caauth
3562 Views, 8 Replies

Tool palettes empty

2 computers here so far... Load C3D 2010, click Corridors> sub-assembly tool palettes> Left click to bring up palette list> check any imperial palette - ours turn up empty. No lanes, slopes, etc. Can't build an assembly. Any ideas why they aren't coming in? The Civil palette has stuff in it, but we don't need road signs, etc... Thanks Edited by: caauth@baengineers.com on Apr 30, 2009 3:57 PM
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: caauth

If you type CONTENTBROWSER at the command line do you see the items there?
Message 3 of 9
caauth

Yes... the Imperial and Metric Catalogs are there, but the tool palette is still empty. When I get into the catalog and, say, i-drop a basic lane onto an assembly, it says:

Unable to execute the tool. Posible causes are:

- The tool is not registered properly. Please check your installation.
- The tool is from another application and is incompatible with the current application.

(See attached screen shot)

That applies to anything I i-drop on the assembly. I've repaired and re-installed... also uninstalled, system restored to before the previous install date and re-installed. Same thing. Put it on 2 computers so far... both have same problem. All the elecrical, structural... even low sodium light bulbs show up, but nothing in the way of civil.

Thanks...
Message 4 of 9

I'm curious if you installed Civil 3D 2010 from the DVD or from a network deployment?
I have made a network deployment for our company and the tool palettes come in but none of the tool palette groups, so all we have is All palettes.
If I install the standard stand alone from the DVD to a computer all the tool palettes come in fine and work fine, so far the tool palettes don't come in correctly from a network deployment.

Brent
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Hi!

We hade the same issue when we did a network deployment /Administrative Image. And when i did a install from dvd it worked just fine.

Then we have problem with the swedish localisation, the swedish tools doesn't installed correct. We had the same problem in 2009 that they didn't showed up in toolbox. But i did a search for them and replace the orig file with the swedish one.

Good luck with the install
//Patrick
Message 6 of 9

Autodesk had contacted me and told me the solution is to copy all 3 DVD's to the local drive and to build the network deployment from that. I did that last week and that solved the problem. So for what ever reason by creating the network deployment from a local hard drive versus the DVD's it made the deployment correctly so when you install it the tool palette's and the tool palette's groups come in correctly.

Brent
Message 7 of 9
Lapointe-NRCS

The following link describes the procedure for manually restoring Civil 3D 2007 tool palettes. I tried this with Civil 3D 2008 and 2009 and it works. The only thing that changes is the year in the path.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=7938671&linkID=9240697
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

The link mentioned is not up to date, does someone have the information mentioned in the link?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report