Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template default text height

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
asloat
334 Views, 4 Replies

Template default text height

I am developing two templates for Civil3D 2012 and have a question.

Under Annotate > Mtext

The size is currently 0.08

Both drawings have a default text style set to a height of 0 and they are annotative.

In one template I want the default to be 0.10 and int he other I want it set to 0.08

I can use TEXTSTYLE to add a new size, but it disappears after existing the program.

Is this possible?

It would be ideal if I could setup each template to have 0.08 as the default and also have 0.10 as an option in that drop down list.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: asloat

Hello Asloat,

If I am understanding the issue correctly, you would like the text height pull-down found under the "Annotate" tab > "Text" panel, to have multiple text heights available.

If this is correct, please try using the "TEXTSIZE" command to add the needed text sizes.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 3 of 5
asloat
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Hi Jason,

While that works, my testing shows it is a temporary change and does not carry forward to the next time the drawing is opened.

Message 4 of 5
Jason.Ferrelli
in reply to: asloat

I just did a quick test and after I saved the drawing with 5 text heights added, I closed the file and re-opened it and the 5 heights were still there.

However I then closed down Civil 3D and after re-launching it and opening that same file, there were only 2 heights. It seems that there is something with the startup that causes the heights to be removed or reset.

As this is a Core AutoCAD function, I spoke to one of my Core colleagues and he recommened that I log this with developement.

One thing I also noticed that if you make a new style with a set height (I made it 10"), and you set this style as current it still does not change that height vaule until you actually create a piece of text.

With that said would creating two styles (One for each template) with the two heights you need allow you to workaround this. The drawing would have that style set and would probably not show the correct height at first, however once you create your first piece of text, the correct height should be applied and then that height would be in that list.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 5 of 5
asloat
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

We used to do that sort of thing back in LDD, but would prefer to not go back that direction. We'd have a L80 L100 L120 text etc. If there is no way around this currently that is ok, I just want to make sure I am not missign anything.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report