Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subassembly composer Elevation Target problems

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nlambert
1881 Views, 4 Replies

Subassembly composer Elevation Target problems

I am trying to use an Elevation Target Parameter in the SAC in an equation.

For example using the "Delta X and Delta Y" point geometry type, set from the origin.

Originally I tried:

Delta Y: IF(Invert_Elevation.IsValid, Invert_Elevation.Elevation,0)  In C3D this places the assembly ~2X higher than it should be

I then tried:

Delta Y: IF(Invert_Elevation.IsValid, Baseline.Elevation-Math.ABS(Invert_Elevation.Eleva

tion),0)  This places the assembly closer in C3D, but seems to follow the profile elevation instead of the feature line elevation

If I use other Point Geometry Types that have elevation target overrides I can get the elevations to work correctly in C3D, but I cannot do all of what I want to do by using this method.

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The second expression is closer to what you need. I would use the "From Point" elevation instead of the baseline elevation because you are looking for a Delta Y between the it and the new point.

I would set the point by Slope and Delta X, where the default slope is 0 and use the target parameter to override the slope. (This gets me out of having to do any calculations).

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5

I have been working around this problem by using methods similar to what you have suggested, however there are times I would like to be able to use the Target.Elevation within a formula to do more complicated things such as switching which point the elevation target is acting on.

I can get them to work fine in the SAC, but once I put them in C3D they dont behave as I expect.

Do you know what value Target.Elevation returns in C3D?

Thanks,

-Nathan

Message 4 of 5

I think I have found a work around. 

I create a point whose only purpose is to attach to the elevation target (say P1).  I use a known method (slope and x with target override) to snap it to the elevation target.  I use this point's elevation, P1.y, to replace target.Elevation in my equations.

-Nathan

Message 5 of 5

The elevation returned should be the elevation of the point, where 0 is sealevel. This won't work for Delta Y unless you subtract the elevation of the point it is attached to.

in your solution, i would use an AUX point instead of a 'real" point so that it doesn't draw in Civil 3D.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report