Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut Menus

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
JeffCamarena
510 Views, 5 Replies

Shortcut Menus

I am trying to change my shortcut menus. Instead of modifying the current default mode, I am trying to make a new default mode menu and preserve the original. I have made the new menu and named the aliases POP501 & CMDEFAULT. But, when I right click the mouse, civil 3d still references the original default mode menu. How do I change this?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

It seems that you're using CUIx. So please make sure the custom .cuix file is loaded and added to the workspace. Also, can you share a print-screen?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 6
JeffCamarena
in reply to: JeffCamarena

I ended up saving a copy of C3D.cui and renaming it Jeff_Civil3d_04-05-13.cuix. The new cuix is loaded and added to my workspace. I have attached some print screen images. This method had has worked for my new default shortcut menu. However, other shortcut menus (i.e. edit) are still referencing, at least partially, other cui(x)'s. I am not sure how these are defined, nor could I find any info on them. Please, see attached print screen images.

Thank you,

Jeff

Message 4 of 6

Hi Jeff,

I made the edit and the menu appeared as expected. I did this by directly editing the c3d.cuix

CUI_dialog.png

And it worked

menu_working.png

Is that what you need?

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 5 of 6

Yes, but your short cut menu is also showing "convert to polyline", "quick profile", etc. I am trying to figure out where those commands are defined.

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: JeffCamarena

Those are probably defined via code, not in the CUI.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report