Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set corridor targets by layer dynamically?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ltmullen
530 Views, 4 Replies

Set corridor targets by layer dynamically?

I'm looking for a way to select corridor targets by layer such that if you were to add a target-able object (polyline, 3d polyline, feature line, survey figure) to that layer after you set your targets, that new object would be recognized by the corridor as a target? In other words, I'm looking for a way to have corridor targets determined by layer rather than by object.

I've been thinking that this is probably not possible without some custom code, but if anyone knows a way to obtain such a capability by flipping some switch hidden deep in the caverns of Civil 3D, I'd love to know about it. Otherwise, I'd like to know whether there's already some kind of code-based solution out there. If not, I think I will try to write something myself, but it'd be nice to save myself some time if I could.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

That type of functionallity requires custom coding (confirmed by ADN staff). We have a few subassemblies that do that type of thing but the user is required to manually start a corridor rebuild to pick up entities on new layers in the active file or xrefs. Civil 3D wouldn't trigger off a corridor rebuild just by adding a layer but custom code could be written that detects when an entity is added and detect wether a corridor should be rerun.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 5

Mike,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for my delay in responding.

I'm not that concerned about having the corridor rebuild itself every time an entity is added...it'd just be nice not to have to keep defining targets. Can you tell me more about the subassemblies that have this kind of functionality...can I access/download them, or if not, is it possible to create this kind of functionality through Subassembly Composer?

Message 4 of 5

I would think this type of functionallity would not be possible via SAC, we created ours using .NET programming.

If you have someone that is familiar with programming, I can make the source code available (requires a little paperwork to protect ourselves).

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 5 of 5

I just sent you a private message.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report