Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set a Site Current

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
dwcouch123
2649 Views, 11 Replies

Set a Site Current

C3D 2012

I have a number of Sites in my drawing.  I want to be able to set a Site current (in LISP) so that when you  create or draw a feature line, the site is set to the desired value.  I haven't seen a variable or setting for this.

Dave

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: dwcouch123

C3D hs no concept of Current-anything. To get the functionality you desire, you could just set a lisp variable to the site you desire, then create your own Featurelineline creation command which mimics the stock command but uses th specified site. I can't think of an easier way at the moment.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 12
dwcouch123
in reply to: Jeff_M

Yeah, that sounds more complicated than I wanted.  I think I can just do a "Move to Site" instead.  Of course I will have to account for the fact that the FL might already be on the site I want. 

Dave 

Message 4 of 12
dwcouch123

Oh well, it looks like I can't do the "Move to Site" command and input the site name.  It has to come from the dialog box.  I see the site name is listed in the properties box, but is not editable.  Is there a way to change the site that the FL is associated with in LISP or .NET?  I can always create the FL and change the site it is on.

Dave

Message 5 of 12
Jeff_M

I don' think so, Dave. The Sites/Parcels/Gradings/Featurelines have been so quirky without us 'amateurs' mucking around with them, that these are the last items to get some real API stuff built for them. Especially the Site stuff. I keep dreaming that we will see some improvements on this with each release.

Edit - OK, so there are some new tools in the .NET API to get the Site a Featureline is on, and there is also a MoveToSite method. But these are in 2014 only.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 12
Partha.Sarkar

Hi Dave -

Do you see any UI tools which allows us to set a Site as current ?

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 7 of 12
dwcouch123
in reply to: Partha.Sarkar

No, I have not seen any UI settings for Current Site.  Keep in mind, I am in C3D 2012.

Dave

Message 8 of 12
Partha.Sarkar

Neither I see it in 2014 release.

Is it part of any workflow ? Do you see it anywhere in the user guide  / help ?

Thanks,

Partha

Partha Sarkar

Message 9 of 12
dwcouch123

I did a search in Help for "current site" with no usable results.  I have not seen it in any workflows or the user's guide.

Dave 

Message 10 of 12
Partha.Sarkar

I think I can explain you why 'Set current' for Site is not there.

In UI, when you create Site relevant objects, you see the Site selection drop down list in the UI dialog.

Similarly, using API, when we create objects which needs a Site refernce, we need to pass in either the SiteId or the Site name.

So, in the both ways using an appropriate Site object is well defined in the workflow of relevant Civil 3D objects like Parcels, Alignments etc.

Thanks,

Partha

Partha Sarkar

Message 11 of 12
tjbrace

To set a particular site "current", create an object on that site. Then any command that is site specific (such as "quick elevation edit") will use the last site that had an object created on it. You can then, of course, delete the object if it was used only to select the current site. Enjoy!

Message 12 of 12
josh8KY32

Type Quickeditfeatureelevs in command line.

Then type Site.

Then select object on desired site.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report