Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC subassembly import and creating corridors

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mfernandes
7106 Views, 3 Replies

SAC subassembly import and creating corridors

In terms of data passes from one subassembly to another, is the connection point data x,y,z

the only information that is passed on from one subassembly to the next , or is there a way

to access other properties of the adjacent connected subassembly.

What I am attempting to do is to create a subassembly in SAC to get the slope and length of the connected subassembly above.

SAC.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: mfernandes

Hi,

I believe if you have defined Output Parameter for the above subassembly, then you can use it as an Input Parameter for the below subassembly.

BTW - SAC doesn't have any API support yet, you need to try this using the UI tools only.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar

Autodesk

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
mfernandes
in reply to: Partha.Sarkar

Hey thanks Partha.

So this leads to the next question.

Does the C3D stock subassembly output any of this information that I can extract using SAC?

Ultimately, I am looking at this, like lego blocks.

Rather then reinventing the wheel, use the stock sub and just build from there.

example I have a client that in a number of cases likes the stock subs i.e. LaneSuperelevationAOR and OverlayWidenMatchSlope1,

but because the base is not what they want, they want to create a custom sub below.

Message 4 of 4
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: mfernandes

I think this is supported. When you open the Prop. window of Civil 3D Stock subassembly, in the parameters tab you can see the 'output values' that you can use in the subassembly you build using SAC. Since SAC doesn't support API yet, I haven't played enough with SAC to tell you the exact steps.

Thanks,

Partha

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report