Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFERENCE TEXT OBJECT PROMPT COMMAND.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jumorris
389 Views, 1 Reply

REFERENCE TEXT OBJECT PROMPT COMMAND.

I have added a reference text command component to a station offset label which adds the name of the object I'm labeling. When I label the 1st object everything works great the reference text object command prompts me for the neccesary information but when i try to station the next object the command doesn't prompt me & just defaults to the information from the 1st object I labeled. Is there a way to have the command line prompt you after every selection? The only way to have it work correctly every time is you have to cancel out of the command after labeling one object; this is very annoying when you have many objects to label. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bcsurvey
in reply to: jumorris

Found this thread with no results so I thought I'd chime in . . .

When you say you have to "cancel out of the command" are you talking about having to close the labels dialogue box?  I have a style set up to prompt for a cogo point to insert its elevation.  If I keep going with this, it would insert this same elevation for each subsequent label.  It isn't too much trouble for me to just right click out of the command to drag the label up and away, then click on "Add" in the labels box to begin the process again.  For me, this process beats having to edit text for these labels individually, but yes, it would be nice if you could keep the command active, as long as you don't need to drag the label anywhere.

Civil 3D 2019 (6.1)
Windows 10 Pro (21H2)
(i7-11850H @ 2.50 GHz)
32GB RAM
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report