Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projecting Objects to Profile Views

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ebo134
641 Views, 4 Replies

Projecting Objects to Profile Views

Hi guys

is there Projecting Objects to Profile Views possible in API, I mean if I want to project a cogo point to a profile View and Assign a label and style of it

is there a sample code?

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: ebo134

Hi,

Please check this earlier post and associated sample code :

Projecting objects to profile in vb.net

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Customization/Projecting-objects-to-profile-in-vb-net...

Thanks,

Partha

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 5
ebo134
in reply to: Partha.Sarkar

thank you for your reply,

but it sounds its not dynamic label!! or its just an autocad point on model space with a text not projected object (Civil 3d)!!

correct me if Iam wrong, when you move your Profile View the Projected Objects should follow the parent Profile View.

Message 4 of 5
Partha.Sarkar

It's not dynamic. This is kind of a work around.

FYI - We have an API wish list open to expose .NET API for projecting objects to Profile.

Thanks,

Partha

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 5
joantopo

Hi Partha.
taking advantage of this post, I would like that the API also contains the projectionObjectsCollection in a profileView class.

Other properties for a projectionObject should be: source type entity, source location, elevation type, station projected object, elevation projected object.
I want to do a command but I need the collection from each profile view, and I need to know the source location because I want to select an AutoCAD point in plant, show a datagrid within a form.
this datagrid will show all the avaiable profile views which contain it projected object and finally, according to the selected row in the dgv, the command will do zoom to the projected object in the selected profile view.
I think that Civil 3d would already have this function!

Moreover, the projection tab in the profile view is very poor.poor.ther is no information(only read) about:te station in case if the source object was Autocad point or COGO, source entity type, description.

That table should allow to be sorted such as by station .
and I think that the tab should be in a palette!

Regards.
Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report