Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Curve Label Expressions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
374 Views, 1 Reply

Profile Curve Label Expressions

I have tried all of the expressions below to add the the vertical curve elevation at the pvi to my curve crest & sag labels on my profile and all I get is ??? for the value. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? I am currently running Civil 3D 2012.

Thank you,

Rich

IF({Grade In}<{Grade Out}, ({PVI Elevation}+{Tangent Offset at PVI}), ({PVI Elevation}-{Tangent Offset at PVI}))

{PVI Elevation}+{Tangent Offset at PVI}

{PVI Elevation}-{Tangent Offset at PVI}

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Rich, for future reference this forum is for questions pertaining to customizing C3D via lisp, VB.NET, c#, etc. You should ask your general questions in the main C3D forum where you will have far more exposure to people who could possibly answer the question.

Now for your question. My guess is these is an issue with how you are creating the label style. I have a style that uses the exact expression you show: 

IF({Grade In}<{Grade Out}, ({PVI Elevation}+{Tangent Offset at PVI}), ({PVI Elevation}-{Tangent Offset at PVI}))

which works fine. So be sure it is set to return a Double. Mine has been named Corrected PVI Elevation and you can see it in use here:

4-11-2013 6-31-03 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report